2016+ Hood and Tailgate Corrosion / Bubbling Paint Warranty Claim Approved!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ynpmoose

Reaction score
I was having the dreaded hood and tailgate corrosion/bubbling paint issue. I bought my 2016 in late 2016 as a Ford Certified pre-owned with ~25k miles. I now have 71k miles. I took it to a dealer body shop a few weeks ago and they told me Ford modified their corrosion warranty to cover this for 2016+ model years. They didn't mention the details other than the fact that there are varying mileage limitations. They took pictures and submitted it. It was approved within a week. They are actually replacing the hood and tailgate, as opposed to repainting.

Though I would share in case others were perhaps denied previously. You might want to check in again to see of the modified warranty would cover you now.

Last edited:

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now they will look completely different than other worn body panels.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, it all looks good.

Exactly, it’s not like they don’t blend the paint to the car. Body shops aren’t amateurs at this stuff. They blend the paint to the vehicles current condition not factory.

I had my last red 2007 wheel well repaired. It was starting to corrode and bubble on the pass side. They cut out the corrosion and welded in new metal and painted. It looked factory and you could not tell the difference in paint. I had the truck a year+ beyond the repair and it still matched and looked perfect.

Mean_Dean

Reaction score
Sounds like a good opportunity for the body shop to put together a package deal to refresh the rest of the paint while they have it in for the new hood and liftgate repair to make it look new.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Exactly, it’s not like they don’t blend the paint to the car. Body shops aren’t amateurs at this stuff. They blend the paint to the vehicles current condition not factory.

I had my last red 2007 wheel well repaired. It was starting to corrode and bubble on the pass side. They cut out the corrosion and welded in new metal and painted. It looked factory and you could not tell the difference in paint. I had the truck a year+ beyond the repair and it still matched and looked perfect.
They can blend a faded clear coat with swirl marks and orange peel?

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope, it all looks good.
Guarantee you the body panels look completely different under harsh lighting from a detailers perspective, someone who actually knows what they are looking for in paint defects

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats OP.

I would have bet a sparrow, or maybe a starling, but it looks like JSki was the first to shit on your new hood.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can blend a faded clear coat with swirl marks and orange peel?

What swirl marks, orange peel? Sometimes when you don’t know what you are talking about it’s best to not say anything at all. I don’t look at vehicles with a magnifying glass and blue light, then again I’m not romantically involved with my expy.
6C9C8252-8DDD-44B0-8C81-8C4128C8B000.jpeg