2017 Water Leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed water swishing around in the two passenger doors of my Ford Expedition and had to shake the doors to get it to come out slowly. I didn't do anything and within a couple days of no rain, didn't hear anything. Today, I was washing my truck and noticed on bottom of the passenger door on the inside of the car there was black mold. Not happy about this and looks like the only remedy is to take the door apart...so looking for a place that will do this.
Pull the plastic drains from the bottom of the doors, they are a common problem as they trap junk that gets in the door along with the usual rain water. Fish out any blockage and leave the plastic pieces out.

montanaday74

Reaction score
I have had this constant issue since buying my 2017 Ford Certified vehicle in 2018, after owning it only 8 weeks. Ford big wig came to town and told me not to park under a tree (I have none in my front yard where I park) and to "back" my car into any driveway or parking spot when it rains so the water will run the other way. THAT's their solution! This absolutely should be a class action suit, and Ford will never get another dime from me. Anyone else with this problem, please contact me, we need them to stand behind their faulty system.

Rollins

Reaction score
I was doing an interior detail on my 17 limited this morning and found water on the floor at the c pillar. It is currently at the dealership but not sure if it is even being worked on given the holiday. Has anyone found a distinct source of the problem? After reading through the thread it seems to be rumored that it is the sunroof drains, the antenna, or the roof rack.

Update 7/5: Delearship says they could not replicate the leak after it sat in the car wash for 10 minutes.

Last edited: