2018 Expedition Reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The expy was the max version, the navi was the regular length.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We took a quick trip to Atlanta this weekend and I have personally never had such a good road trip vehicle!!! At first my wife drove while my friend and I sat in the back watching live Directv (and a recorded episode of Gold Rush). 2nd row so comfortable! So much leg room. Again, I am 6’6". Entertainment system worked perfectly. Wife and daughter up front jamming out to tunes off of their phones.

Such a comfortable ride. It rained for most of the trip, everything worked as advertised. Adaptive cruise, automatic wipers, etc. even with the "street" tires, it never gave a squirrelly feeling. Always tracked well and felt connected to the road.

And still, the power is very impressive!! Passing moves on the interstate are no issue whatsoever.

And she is just a beaut! Valet at the Westin Buckhead parked her right up front with the Maserati, Benz sedans, etc. my daughter forgot her headphones so I went down to retrieve them. I was surprised to see it front row where they always park the premo rides!! She looked the part!

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And she is just a beaut! Valet at the Westin Buckhead parked her right up front with the Maserati, Benz sedans, etc... I was surprised to see it front row where they always park the premo rides!!
Are you sure that's not just because they couldn't fit it in the garage? My brother had a rusty,old Excursion with peeling paint and the valets always parked it right up front... because that was the only place they could fit it.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you sure that's not just because they couldn't fit it in the garage? My brother had a rusty,old Excursion with peeling paint and the valets always parked it right up front... because that was the only place they could fit it.
LOL, no it would absolutely fit in the garage. No bigger than any of the other dozen GMs that were in there!

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lol. I was at a nice restaurant last week and they had a rusty early 90s Buick front and center.

Kevink109

Reaction score
Isn't the Navigator the same exact size as the Expedition? They seemed to gloss over that fact in one review, but hammer the massive size home in this review.

Interesting - I read the review and its highly positive- the drawbacks are doors that are harder to close, and the size of the vehicle when parking. They said it was a leap forward in design, accelerates well, has room for adults in every row, infotainment system works well. As always CR recommends a smaller unibody SUV or minivan as they are more efficient.
The main complaint with the Max is that its large- so may not work for more urban settings- I'm assuming people who buy the Max do so for the space - its not like were cross shopping a CRV and a Max.

Overall to quote " The redesigned Expedition excels as a long-distance family hauler. Its appeal is focused on those who need to transport several adult-scale passengers, want all-weather and all-terrain grip, and occasionally need to pull a large trailer." Seems to check all my boxes on why I purchased one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1