2018 lincoln navigator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don Leslie

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if they are trying to compete with the Ford GT. Is that HP and Torque needed? I doubt it.

Watch an upcoming edition of Top Gear as they might just make some comparisons of a Ford GT with an Exp.

main differences from the expy:

1. engine tuned to be atleast 450hp and 500lb torque

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm a 4 Expy owner. Two were for the DW, who really wanted the Nav. It was just too ugly! I'm still not convinced. I wish Ford designers would take a look at a GMC Yukon. Our daughter has a new Denali and its appearance puts DW's King Ranch to shame. Just talkin' looks here.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It definitely looks better than the '18 Expedition and like the front quite abit. I still think the side profile is fugly though, just like the Expy. And those wheels are hideous.

2018-LINCOLN-NAVIGATOR_SV2_141.jpg

Penumbra

Reaction score
Will trade in my 16 exp for the 18. The Lincoln is trying too hard and it comes across ostentatious to say the least. If the Platinum Expedition doesn't have 450 hp to match the Lincoln it will be annoying and I'll have to do a turbo upgrade so I can smash on them. Regardless I feel the 18 Expedition looks clean without going over the top in gaudy bling design.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will trade in my 16 exp for the 18. The Lincoln is trying too hard and it comes across ostentatious to say the least. If the Platinum Expedition doesn't have 450 hp to match the Lincoln it will be annoying and I'll have to do a turbo upgrade so I can smash on them. Regardless I feel the 18 Expedition looks clean without going over the top in gaudy bling design.
From what I read you can get to 450 HP with nothing more that a custom tune setup.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
450 from the gen II engine is nothing.
andy your right, its all about the tune they place .
i read they squeezed over 550 playing around.
the addition of port injection, along with direct, is going to really make difference in intake valve build up.
the wheels are fugly as all get out.
grill just grabs me.
i have 3.73 gears and they really make a difference.
the Lincolns have em stock to push the hot rod Lincoln idea,
with the ten speed and all the new computing power...this next gen drivetrain should have a powerband starting at 1k rpm to redline . constant and smooth

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 3.73 gears come standard on the 4X4 but I honestly don't know what they do for me. I remember as a kid everyone wanted 4.11 gears but I still don't know if the 3.31 is better but you can't order it with the 4WD anyway. I guess in my mind lower (3.73 vs 3.31) gearing is faster but I don't know that effects gas mileage

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yep 3.73 are standard for 4wd el.
the lincoln gets em even in 2wd standard.

i like the additional grunt off line.
mpg..i to wonder about those with other ratios
3.31 etc.

Penumbra

Reaction score
From what I read you can get to 450 HP with nothing more that a custom tune setup.
Ok so great news guys. I just had my Expedition serviced and got on this topic with the Ford tech. He told me several things they were already "informed on the inside".

1. The 2018 Platinum will have 450 hp.

2. The 2019 Expeditions are going to offer 4 motor options. 3.5 ecoboost, 5.0 ecoboost, 6.2 Ltr na, and a diesel.

3. 2020 will bring back the Excursion on a 1 ton frame.

Take it as you will this is what he said with all sincerity.