2023 Platinum Folders on USB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2023 Platinum with the big screen. I play music off of a USB. I cannot figure out how to play folders of music. Anyone know how to find the folders? I have searched the forum, google searched and even looked at the online owners manual. I have found nothing.
Thanks

JacobLeverett

Reaction score
I figured it out a while back, it took a lot of research and while I thought it would be quite a bit of effort, it was pretty easy. I couldn't believe how simple it was. My wife was also impressed at how well it works and she ended up doing the same thing. Anyway we listen to a huge variety of music as I'm sure you do as well so here's what you have to do. Pull up the bluetooth options on the Expedition's Menu, connect to your phone. Then go to your phone's App Store (not sure if it works on Androids as I have an iPhone so your experience may vary.) From there, simply download Spotify and throw away that USB. It's 2023.

JacobLeverett

Reaction score
I figured it out a while back, it took a lot of research and while I thought it would be quite a bit of effort, it was pretty easy. I couldn't believe how simple it was. My wife was also impressed at how well it works and she ended up doing the same thing. Anyway we listen to a huge variety of music as I'm sure you do as well so here's what you have to do. Pull up the bluetooth options on the Expedition's Menu, connect to your phone. Then go to your phone's App Store (not sure if it works on Androids as I have an iPhone so your experience may vary.) From there, simply download Spotify and throw away that USB. It's 2023.
PS please don't take too big of offense to this haha it was meant in humor. I'm not that big of a dick haha

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish I could do that....half of the 3k songs on my usb aren't on Spotify or any music app.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2023 Platinum with the big screen. I play music off of a USB. I cannot figure out how to play folders of music. Anyone know how to find the folders? I have searched the forum, google searched and even looked at the online owners manual. I have found nothing.
Thanks
Please explain more about what issues you're having. I found the Search to be easy to use, and player let me search by artist, song, album, etc. Once you pick a song that is in a given folder, the player will play all songs in that folder. Note: you cannot perform any search functions or change folders while you are in motion. You must be stopped to search for a folder. If you aren't seeing anything come up in search while you are stopped, make sure your USB drive is compatible with USB 2.0 and formatted as FAT 16/32. The player should pick up mp3, wav, aac, and nonDRM protected wma.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IMHO, Amazon music, Spotify, Pandora and SiriusXM don't sound anywhere near as good as music saved on a usb drive, if saved at a good quality.
All the streaming formats lose fidelity, clarity and bass on my B&O system. And for the statement of "it's 2023", for the little time it takes to create a great collection, you get to listen to way better quality of music of your choice. I filled mine with nothing but greatest hits albums in high quality format. They sound at least 2 times better than the streaming format.
I'll also add, with exception of commercials, HD Radio is awesome sounding.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IMHO, Amazon music, Spotify, Pandora and SiriusXM don't sound anywhere near as good as music saved on a usb drive, if saved at a good quality.
All the streaming formats lose fidelity, clarity and bass on my B&O system. And for the statement of "it's 2023", for the little time it takes to create a great collection, you get to listen to way better quality of music of your choice. I filled mine with nothing but greatest hits albums in high quality format. They sound at least 2 times better than the streaming format.
I'll also add, with exception of commercials, HD Radio is awesome sounding.
This 100%. Streaming services definitely have poor audio quality (same with SXM).

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know about sync4 and the giant tablet screen, but on my sync3.4, i browse the usb drive and select the option "Explore Device". I believe that's what it's labeled as, then i can see all the folder and contents. I do HATE that this is locked while driving though.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know about sync4 and the giant tablet screen, but on my sync3.4, i browse the usb drive and select the option "Explore Device". I believe that's what it's labeled as, then i can see all the folder and contents. I do HATE that this is locked while driving though.
Interesting, it's not locked while driving on my Sync 3.4. I can browse title, artist and album, just like changing source, radio and Sirius stations.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting, it's not locked while driving on my Sync 3.4. I can browse title, artist and album, just like changing source, radio and Sirius stations.
you're likely running original code, i've used cyanlabs to update code over the years, it was locked on probably my 4th or 5th update, from then on.