2023 Platinum Folders on USB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I figured it out a while back, it took a lot of research and while I thought it would be quite a bit of effort, it was pretty easy. I couldn't believe how simple it was. My wife was also impressed at how well it works and she ended up doing the same thing. Anyway we listen to a huge variety of music as I'm sure you do as well so here's what you have to do. Pull up the bluetooth options on the Expedition's Menu, connect to your phone. Then go to your phone's App Store (not sure if it works on Androids as I have an iPhone so your experience may vary.) From there, simply download Spotify and throw away that USB. It's 2023.
I do not want to get in my vehicle then coordinate with my cell phone to listen to music. If that works for you fine, but that’s not what I want to do.

You have told me that it is simple and even your wife has figured it out, but you have not told me how to bring up the folders.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Please explain more about what issues you're having. I found the Search to be easy to use, and player let me search by artist, song, album, etc. Once you pick a song that is in a given folder, the player will play all songs in that folder. Note: you cannot perform any search functions or change folders while you are in motion. You must be stopped to search for a folder. If you aren't seeing anything come up in search while you are stopped, make sure your USB drive is compatible with USB 2.0 and formatted as FAT 16/32. The player should pick up mp3, wav, aac, and nonDRM protected wma.
My question is really simple. I want to bring up the folder of choice and listen to that folder. I’m not trying to search for a specific song or artist.

You have told me I have to be stopped, but you have not told me how to find the folders. I have searched the owners manual and it gives zero information regarding how to do that.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have the folders already made? Idk about sync 4, but sync 3 allows you to play music in specific folders by speaking which folder you want to play music in.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My question is really simple. I want to bring up the folder of choice and listen to that folder. I’m not trying to search for a specific song or artist.

You have told me I have to be stopped, but you have not told me how to find the folders. I have searched the owners manual and it gives zero information regarding how to do that.
You first have to acquire your music files and create folders for artists, style, etc. on your computer. The you get a USB stick, format it to exFAT, and copy the folders to the stick. Plug the sick into your USB slot in your car. Go to source on your radio and choose it. Then you will see options for folders, artists, etc. I always use artists. I don't have to be stopped to pick music, but I don't have a 2023.

mpc11

Reaction score
you're likely running original code, i've used cyanlabs to update code over the years, it was locked on probably my 4th or 5th update, from then on.
Same here when I had an '18. I actually asked Cyanlabs about it, mentioning the passenger likes to play DJ sometimes. They said no, it was still a safety issue. I asked about tying it to the passenger air bag seat sensor, but no response.

Coincidentally, I believe in a '21 (direct from Ford, not cyanlabs update) it now asks if you are the passenger if you hit explore as long as the sensor is on.