21 miles to E my A**!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u.p.expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife is the primary driver of our 07 expy eb el, so with that being said, I know that ours gets to at least 7 miles until empty with quitting. I hate when she does this, mainly because if our 14 month old daughter has an emergency at night we are pretty much screwed, all the gas stations close by 11 at night.

I don't let it get below 1/4.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i always let it get to half empty then fill it back up, but once in a while i let it go down to about 1/4 and then fill it back up

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
fuel mileage fluctuates, and your "miles till empty" is based on fuel mileage. Chances are you haven't reset it for a while, so while you are avg 15mpg, and for the last 20 miles you are really getting 10, its gonna be off...I'm not gonna beat a dead horse here, but unless you are absolutly broke, and trying to get every last mile out of it...don't let "her" do it again. :D

How do you reset it? Because...uh...mine runs out at 60

03blkstanggt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my truck right now shows 87 miles til empty yet the fuel gauge has about a 16th left. im filling up tomorrow, i get paid on tuesdays but ive never gotten to see the 50 miles til empty sign. if i wait for that the gauge will be below e

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i believe to reset it you just need to go the MPG info on your cluster...either while driving or before press and hold the reset to...reset...havent done it in a while but i'll be doing it soon...refer to manual if you have it...i'll have to refer to mine

Quattro

Reaction score
I know this thread was dead awhile back, even before I joined the forum. But I have a great fuel story, sorry that its long.

I purchased my expy from a police auction. Before the auction you are not allowed to start the car or anything. If you win the auction you can open the hood, check fluids and such. After I win, I checked all the fluids to make sure that I didn't need to bring anything when I went to pick it up and everything looks good.....

Next day comes around, and I am at the impound lot picking up the rig. The guy running the lot says to me "ye betterm get somme gas pout in herrr soon." Well I drive off the lot and down the street towards the nearest gas station. I didn't make it two blocks before she shut down. Worst part was that the battery was dead as well. So I had to push the big beast to the side of the road and walk to the gas station. Where upon I was charged $15 for a 1 gallon gas can. Walked back, and had to get a jump. Thankfully there were some nice people around that helped me push and jump it.

I don't have a computer fuel consumption read out, but the needle was at the very bottom of the red when it ran out.

ghettoracer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The mileage that it shows you on the overhead console is an ESTIMATE of how many miles you have, it cannot be put to the assumption that is how many more miles you have until its completely empty, they can be as far as 15-25 miles off after it runs out of gas totally. It also depends on if you are on level surface, ambient temp outside and how far you drove. If its hot outside and you been driving around for a while, you can assume that your console is at least 15 mpg off because of heat evaporation of the fuel and vapors. So in essence, if the fuel light comes on and there is 50 miles left, you better put some gas in it. At 50 miles left on the overhead that means you only really have 20 miles till you run out totally.