3rd Row Glass Chrome Window Sill Trim Accent Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to add a little bling to my 17 Limited EL. I kind of liked the Platinum with the chrome strip on the rear side glass. I found these on eBay. They were very easy to install. It took about 30 minutes per side. I went slow and was careful.

Here comes my usual wall of pictures: :D

If you are interested, I bought them here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-17-Ford-Expedition-EL-Rear-Cargo-Chrome-Window-Sill-Trim-Accent-Door-Accent-/302342431097?fits=Make:Ford|Model:Expedition&hash=item4665036179:g:840AAMXQWzNSdAak&vxp=mtr

The first thing I did was clean the glass then I used Denatured alcohol to get any wax or grease off the window and then I polished it with a dry towel.

I used some scotch tape to position the trim in the general area where I wanted them to be.

IMG_5960.JPG

I then flipped them up and removed the 3M tape protector strips and carefully re-positioned them and adjusted the edges to fit where I wanted it to.

IMG_5961.JPG

I burnished the strips down and then pulled off the protective coating and then did a lot more burnishing to insure a good bond with the class. I went over it at least8- to 10 times to make sure and burnished down all of the edges. I also had the windows open and squeezed the strip to the glass with my fingers as far as I could go toward the front.
IMG_5963.JPG

Then I did the other side.

IMG_5965.JPG

IMG_5967.JPG

I think it turned out very very well and look very close to what the Platinum has on it's 3rd row windows.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also received my tail light trim. I haven't put it on yet because I am waiting for LED tail lights to show up next. I taped it on to see how it looks and I think it will look great. See what you guys think.

IMG_5971.JPG

IMG_5972.JPG

IMG_5973.JPG

Plain tail light
IMG_5974.JPG

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Love the window trim! I've seen them in eBay but wasn't sure how they'd look or if the quality was good. You just pushed me to order a set

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the window trim! I've seen them in eBay but wasn't sure how they'd look or if the quality was good. You just pushed me to order a set
I took a chance. They fit pretty good they are cut very close, you just have to move them around until you get them exactly where you want them.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I took a chance. They fit pretty good they are cut very close, you just have to move them around until you get them exactly where you want them.
That window trim definitely makes the ex stand out. Love how it looks on my plati!

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow Andy, you are going for the bling thing! Looks really nice! The taillight bling I will not go there, but the 3rd window trim looks really cool! I have been working the field season here in Nevada and my truck is dusty, muddy and groaddy most of the time, so wont be doing anything soon. The truck performs most admirably off-road and up mountains. She loves being dirty and being bounced around. Very happy to have my Expedition. Thanks for the post!!

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That window trim definitely makes the ex stand out. Love how it looks on my plati!

That's what made me go for it. It just seems like it finishes off the back of the Expedition. I think that tail light trim is going to look really good with the LED tail lights too.

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow Andy, you are going for the bling thing! Looks really nice! The taillight bling I will not go there, but the 3rd window trim looks really cool! I have been working the field season here in Nevada and my truck is dusty, muddy and groaddy most of the time, so wont be doing anything soon. The truck performs most admirably off-road and up mountains. She loves being dirty and being bounced around. Very happy to have my Expedition. Thanks for the post!!
I'm not really a chrome guy but it already has some so I thought I'd just finish it out. I don't know why but I like the trim on the tail lights. To me it just finishes it out.