4R100 transmission cooler bypass tube delete kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craig sargood

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so Saturday I was installing my transmission cooler lines that run from the trans to up front. I had a major problem when one of the banjo bolts for the trans cooler bypass tube broke off in my 0 miles transmission . After removing my exhaust and impact struts I was able to get my head up and see what was going on, with a removal bit, I was able to remove the piece that was inside my transmission . Anyway the point of this post was to see if anyone has installed the bypass delete kit on their expedition? After that catastrophe I’m gonna get new banjo bolts and was thinking about the delete kit, as I live in Southern California and tow a 20’ toy hauler , so cold temps is not a problem. Hot on the other hand is a bit of a problem, thanks for any and all replies.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Before I read Stamp's reply I though exactly the same thing! I can only imagine what you said when that thing pulled out.

OP
OP
craig sargood

craig sargood

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m originally from Boston, so f words I was born saying, and quite a few flew out after it broke. It actually came out rather easy, to my amazement.