5.4L Triton timing set, replace oil pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can view it with my camera but can’t reach the sucker. I think I’ll try removing the fuel rail after work and maybe that will allow my hand in there.5669A6BD-CE60-4896-B034-CA0C8E7B4A47.jpeg

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it by removing fuel rail, you have to pull up on it like crazy. Just drove it around for a while and all is back to normal besides the power steering making noises when I turn the steering wheel. Level is good not sure why it won’t clear but the steering is smooth at least.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Power steering cleared now. That puts an end to this painful chapter of Expedition ownership, hopefully the next chapter of this Expedition is less knuckle busting. I’d like to apologize to the forum for all the whining and unneeded responses, reading through this thread is very cringy. I would like it to be deleted and removed from the site if it could be so people don’t have to stumble upon this waste of a thread in the future.....it could potentially cost owners a lot of wasted time reading nonsense. Anyway no more startup rattle and runs better than ever. Job done not so gracefully but done.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if a mod can......make this thread sink like the titanic. It really should go away, it’s common to lock or delete threads with non-Expedition related content or a lot of negativity. This thread fits the bill for deletion imo. Of course I can’t tell staff what to do but it would be appreciated.

Plati

Reaction score
So if a mod can......make this thread sink like the titanic. It really should go away, it’s common to lock or delete threads with non-Expedition related content or a lot of negativity. This thread fits the bill for deletion imo. Of course I can’t tell staff what to do but it would be appreciated.
It's real life. It's a classic. Some good info in here. Needs to stay!!
Glad it ended well, but (not to be negative) .. some time is needed to declare success.

If you really wanted , you could go back and edit out some parts. Just an idea.

I think I called it a few posts back. You don't give up, you fight the beast until it's defeated!!

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha. It is real life, this was just the unedited version. Most threads and videos edit out the ugly of this job to protect potential viewers from the smog lol. Normally I’d have my dad or a friend helping to vent with....but during quarantine you guys were all I had to vent to as I went this alone. Maybe I’ll go back and do the same - edit the ugly out and make it look like a more rosy experience. It seems it is safe to say the startup rattle is gone, it can sit for multiple hours now and starts with no ruckus.

Last edited:

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ha. It is real life, this was just the unedited version. Most threads and videos edit out the ugly of this job to protect potential viewers from the smog lol. Normally I’d have my dad or a friend helping to vent with....but during quarantine you guys were all I had to vent to as I went this alone. Maybe I’ll go back and do the same - edit the ugly out and make it look like a more rosy experience. It seems it is safe to say the startup rattle is gone, it can sit for multiple hours now and starts with no ruckus.

Great job man. So no Chevy Suburban on the horizon? [emoji12] That was the only post that made me cringe! Haha

2007 Ford Expedition Limited
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castawaypaul