6 CD Changer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khpony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a '98 Expy and would like to know if i buy a 6 cd changer from a '99 Expy (it has the same base p/n as mine and 12 pin plug) will I need to have the radio programmed to it or should it just plug in and work?
Thanks,

97ExpGuy

Reaction score
I have a '98 Expy and would like to know if i buy a 6 cd changer from a '99 Expy (it has the same base p/n as mine and 12 pin plug) will I need to have the radio programmed to it or should it just plug in and work?
Thanks,

Does your '99 radio/head unit have an actual button that says CD on it or an option to switch to the CD input? If so, and the connectors match, I don't see why it wouldn't work. On the 97 & 98 models, we actually had a CD button on the head unit.

However, I wouldn't pay too much for the unit in case it doesn't work. Plus, I have the 6 disc changer in mine and every time I hit a sizable bump, it skips. What I'm getting at is that the design, while convenient, isn't the best.