99 Eddie Bauer Lifted with Mud Grapps ( pics inside )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hows the sound on the mud grapplers? are they loud driving?

OP
OP
Mikiedoo

Mikiedoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hows the sound on the mud grapplers? are they loud driving?

They are pretty loud. I had the same size maxxis bighorns on my truck and they didnt even make any noise. For those who want quiet, then these are definitely not for them.
They are one of the most aggressive looks/patterns on the market, but along with that killer look comes the noise and quicker wear.

I myself like the hummmmm as it lets people know whats coming...lol
and its not my daily driver either. I use it just to pull my boat and maybe take the wife out to dinner on the weekend.

Honestly I am averaging 8.4 mpg already around town without pulling the boat... wonder what I will get with towing...lol

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow... 8.4 mpg.... I get that towing my boat.... usually average in the 11s... my set up is in my Sig and also have stock 3.73 gears.... gonna go to 4.88s on of these days when I have 1500$ laying around

OP
OP
Mikiedoo

Mikiedoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know, Im a little concerned about the mpg also. I have new plugs, new fuel filter, new air filter, fresh oil change and was avging 10.2 before the lift and tires. Gonna do the gotts mod and may look into those electric fans to take a load off the engine.

My rig runs fine too, no codes or issues with the engine.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look into an edge programmer... helped mine a lot since the shift points were set to the larger tires.... fans are also a help... if I have the cash might have to weasel thermo to install them when he comes to NY this year....lol

OP
OP
Mikiedoo

Mikiedoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just did the gotts mod and am now averaging 9.5 mpg around town so a solid 1mpg increase. Hey, every little bit helps. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tan Khai Nguyen