A constant leaning experience...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hardlife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 2002 XLT and I love this truck for many reasons. It laughs at snow, hauls my entire family, feels great driving, and lastly teaches me new skills on a sometimes back to back basis.

Within the last 60 days my rear brake lines rotted out, starter died, exhaust after the muffler disintegrated, and found my trailing arm broken. And this morning picking my daughter up from preschool I blew a plug out. I had the Expy on the lift all day yesterday getting the arms and exhaust done, why didn't it happen yesterday when I was at the shop...

I installed the Heavy Metal upper and lower trailing arms kit.
The bolts supplied for the lowers were entirely too long and the shoulder was also too long. I used a grade 8 bolt to replace the one I zipped off and the rest I reused the bolts.

I'll work on the plug in the morning. Heading to my night job now.

Attachments

• IMAG0612.jpg
    IMAG0612.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0608.jpg
    IMAG0608.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMAG0607.jpg
    IMAG0607.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAG0616.jpg
    IMAG0616.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMAG0618.jpg
    IMAG0618.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 83

Bowesmobile

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice Work. At least it all happened at once and you could have it down to do it all one time. But it does suck to have all this stuff happen at once!

markfrei

Reaction score
WOW I haven't seen rust like that with the exception of a 68 Mustang GT convertable I bought a few years back that had sat under a tree and had a couple of Dovermans living in it for many years. Ended up parting that car out as I don't do rust.:puke:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1