Absolute Spark Plug Answer...please!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any chance they took that Engineer out and shot him for that wonderful idea of 2-pc plugs?

The funny thing is that Ford doesn't do ANYTHING unless it's CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP....and it has to be a proven tech.....because it prevents huge issues in the field....so how did that slip though??

jeff

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2008 Expedition was built October 2007 and it had the two piece plugs. I was able to get six of them out no problem. I changed mine at 50k miles. Unfortunately #3 and #6 broke off. I had the tool to remove them but I still couldn't get them out and I feared stripping the threads. I had it towed to the dealer and they charged me $100 per plug to extract them.

Make sure you put anti-seize on the new plugs so this doesn't happen again.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there is a production date cutoff as was stated. There is a sticker on one of the valve covers. I have an 08 with one piece plugs, I forget what the cutoff date was but mine as a later year build. Also the boot color is correct to tell

The info is out there it was not hard for me to locate at the time

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any chance they took that Engineer out and shot him for that wonderful idea of 2-pc plugs?

The funny thing is that Ford doesn't do ANYTHING unless it's CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP....and it has to be a proven tech.....because it prevents huge issues in the field....so how did that slip though??

jeff

Yeah generally Ford doesnt slip up like that, at least not its Trucks division....

Having swapped and taken apart nearly everything in the interior and some other stuff as well, what always impresses me is the fasteners used.

Not a single busted screw/bolt and no ******* hidden-but-fragile fasteners.

Somebody did their frikkin homework.

jk349

Reaction score
I'm just a newbie to site, but can't you tell from the underhood decal which spark plugs are listed and then check to see if that was the two piece?