ac engage.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
AC...ran perfect last yr,even tryed around jan. in winter.:think: last month,nothing . compressoer did not go on.:hmm: PAID friend $50....we recharged....nothing. compressor off. held freon,thinks was full. ok......went to another place.:patriot: know this place since freshman yr high school...lol...they switched the switch on DRYIER on top to a new one. mechanic said it was compressor.they "said" they jumped it....::shakehead:no charge i left with new switch installed but when i picked up truck....ac was on as i started it and it WORKED COLD.....TWO WEEKS.... WELL TOO......now....compressor off again.what do u think peeps......orphis isnt prob i dont think.162000 miles 4.6.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The systems static pressure is a good starting point. Should be close to ambient temperature once the low and high sides have balanced. This will give you a ball park reading on the amount of refrigerant in the system.
If the pressure is too low it will open the low pressure switch to protect the compressor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aircargoo

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wheres static pressure at.....just asking? going to try to look up now....txs.need gauge?

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes you need the gauge set. Conmect up both low and high hoses. Open valves to read pressure - do not run system and post pressure and ambient temp.

OP
OP
aircargoo

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
copy....this monday.:think: friend that charged it with check it . was working nice....dont think compressor but i got a plug...the one on top of drier with long wire in case i can jump compressor to double check. thats where i heard to jump....txs for reply and help...

truck running good...thats key to me..lol, need exhust tail pipe.not gonna go spend big money on AC this yr if i dont have too.but id like to know whats wrong. friend charged it $50...didnt work.then switched plug on top of drier $40...worked 2 weeks then nada. those are people i know prices with part
:cheers:....so not really in huge hole....yet....lol

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have to keep recharging it you have a leak - what goes in will leak out. You end up wasting money in the long run by not fixing it.
Would be better to leak test the system with dye and locate the leak.

OP
OP
aircargoo

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
going there in a little while...i dont think its leak...holding freon but never know...mightive leaked in 2 weeks time...hope its electrical....ill post later after i find out pressures.

OP
OP
aircargoo

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
k....theres no freon....its empty.no pressure. guessing gotta charge it now with dye. didnt want to bother friend ...he looked busy so......

need to charge it with dye....only step now considering it WAS WORKING and now its empty and its not. charge would make it run (hopefully) till we find leak/dye area. system will need second charge after fix....lol.:fca5278d:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2