aFe Stage 2 Intake Installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll post more pics tomorrow, but I was too excited to wait when I got home at 1 am and decided to put this on. Took me maybe 30 minutes total, including having to modify the IAT sensor because it’s totally different than the F-150 despite the same part number...
72941A0D-4525-45A3-9EA7-30E07A16E341.jpeg
I made it work, and it DOES fit. Mostly. Besides trimming down the IAT sensor, the intake does not actually fully clear the hood. If I slam it, the hood will close, but the driver side is visibly higher.
16410A7D-51F7-4049-A68A-0AB9468C309F.jpeg
I may be able to loosen everything up and get it to move down a hair, but I’ve been awake for 22 hours so I’ll deal with it tomorrow.
The good news is that it runs and drives just fine. You can hear it for sure. It’s not perfect by any means, but I didn’t expect it to be.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I’ll post more pics tomorrow, but I was too excited to wait when I got home at 1 am and decided to put this on. Took me maybe 30 minutes total, including having to modify the IAT sensor because it’s totally different than the F-150 despite the same part number...
View attachment 23254
I made it work, and it DOES fit. Mostly. Besides trimming down the IAT sensor, the intake does not actually fully clear the hood. If I slam it, the hood will close, but the driver side is visibly higher.
View attachment 23255
I may be able to loosen everything up and get it to move down a hair, but I’ve been awake for 22 hours so I’ll deal with it tomorrow.
The good news is that it runs and drives just fine. You can hear it for sure. It’s not perfect by any means, but I didn’t expect it to be.
I wonder if you trim out part of the firewall on the hood that it would fit? Not sure how much room is between underside of hood and fire wall

limitedex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sweet! I love the sound of that exact same AFE intake in my F150 ecoboost. The whistle sounds sweet.

OP
OP
AllBoostNoEco

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder if you trim out part of the firewall on the hood that it would fit? Not sure how much room is between underside of hood and fire wall

I’m not sure about trimming the hood. I sure won’t do that. If this rain ever stops I’ll try and push it down. The hood issue is barely noticeable to be honest. I see it because it’s my truck, but from the side I doubt most people could tell. I’ll keep on it though.

I haven’t driven it much since I installed it, but in the two minutes I drove it last night, it was definitely loud with the window down.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I’m not sure about trimming the hood. I sure won’t do that. If this rain ever stops I’ll try and push it down. The hood issue is barely noticeable to be honest. I see it because it’s my truck, but from the side I doubt most people could tell. I’ll keep on it though.

I haven’t driven it much since I installed it, but in the two minutes I drove it last night, it was definitely loud with the window down.
I know I have a noticeable sound difference with the k&n I installed. Definitely hear those twins whine a little more

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score

How are your mpgs doing? I lost 3-4 with my k&n but will be relearning the fuel trims to get them back.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You sure it’s not your right foot and the 35’s causing the loss? 3-4 mpg loss seems pretty excessive for an intake.

Mine have stayed pretty close to stock since I swapped my intake.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
You sure it’s not your right foot and the 35’s causing the loss? 3-4 mpg loss seems pretty excessive for an intake.

Mine have stayed pretty close to stock since I swapped my intake.
35s put on 2 weeks after install. I’m thinking either a combo of ****** winter gas and increased airflow causing it to inject more fuel or the fuel trims need to be reset. I know the 35s won’t help lol the damn things are huge

OP
OP
AllBoostNoEco

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven’t driven it enough to know for sure yet, and I had 5-Star send me a new tune today, so that’s going to affect it as well, but if anything, I think my mileage will go up some.
I didn’t expect the intake to make a big difference, but I’m honestly having to use less throttle due to traction issues now.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
T
I haven’t driven it enough to know for sure yet, and I had 5-Star send me a new tune today, so that’s going to affect it as well, but if anything, I think my mileage will go up some.
I didn’t expect the intake to make a big difference, but I’m honestly having to use less throttle due to traction issues now.
That’s next on my purchase list. Probably just a performance and economy tune