aFe Stage 2 Intake Installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AllBoostNoEco

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder if the F150 IAT has the same connector as the Expedition? And one just get an F150 IAT and not have to trim it.
8BAB351E-B99B-4588-9DD8-B1F3ADF21BA6.jpeg
This is what the 2014 F-150 sensor looks like. So the connectors are definitely different. They changed the style in 2015 on the F-150, which is the version of the sensor we have, but the 2015 F-150 intake is completely different except for the Full Race version.
With enough ingenuity, anything is possible, but the 2014 F-150 sensor is $45, versus $6 for the Expedition one. You can destroy 4 of our stock sensors trimming them and still be money ahead versus trying to make the F-150 one work.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dude, THIS IS AWESOME! I have the exact same kit sitting in the box in my garage! Got it on one of AFE's Black Friday Sales, but it has been too damn cold, or I have been too damn busy to get it in and screw with the Sensor. SO GLAD IT fits! How exactly did you trim it? Can you take a pic of the Modded Sensor? Again, WELL Done!

OP
OP
AllBoostNoEco

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll get a pic tonight when I get back home for the first time in a week.
As far as the ‘how’, I pulled off the o-ring, and then used a mini-hacksaw to cut off the lip on the side away from the connector, along with any of the plastic in the area I marked with red that was larger than where the o-ring sat. Then sanded it down nice and smooth until it was a firm press fit into the hole.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ll get a pic tonight when I get back home for the first time in a week.
As far as the ‘how’, I pulled off the o-ring, and then used a mini-hacksaw to cut off the lip on the side away from the connector, along with any of the plastic in the area I marked with red that was larger than where the o-ring sat. Then sanded it down nice and smooth until it was a firm press fit into the hole.
THANKS!

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Making sure I did not miss anything, the only thing that needed to be modified was the IAT sensor and nothing else??

All that would need to be done is modify the hole in block of the IAT adapter as it looks like that adapter block is welded on after the fact. Since everything else is already done and nothing would really need to change aside from the adapter block that gets welded on which is likely the last thing that gets done before prep for powder coating.
Would you take issue in me sending this thread to aFe to see if they would possibly look into making a different block for our rigs?
Granted that would not help you at this point. But if they see all that needs to be done is to modify the adapter block and all they really need to buy is a $3.73 sensor (current price on Rock Auto) for R&D (heck I'd buy it for them) maybe they would do it.

OP
OP
AllBoostNoEco

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can give it a shot. They don’t really even need to get a sensor to do the R&D. It’s the same sensor the 2015 F-150 uses. All that would be required is for them to modify the tube with a 2015 sensor hole.

Just as an FYI, the Full Race 2012-14 F-150 Ecoboost intake includes provisions for both, only reason I didn’t use it is because of the opening on the front of the air box lid. On our trucks, that would funnel in hot air.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even better.

I think I’ll save my pennies for a bit before contacting them so I will actually be able to buy it if they’ll do it.

Last edited:

Mperales6

Reaction score
Could you upload any vids of the sound?
I'm very curious on how it sounds as far as turbo whistle goes

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member