Air dam stuck down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glen B Ashcroft

Reaction score
2022 Expedition Limited
I hit a laundry basket on the highway today. Now the active air dam is stuck down, dealer said nothing broken, is there a way to reset the unit to make it retract.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2022 Expedition Limited
I hit a laundry basket on the highway today. Now the active air dam is stuck down, dealer said nothing broken, is there a way to reset the unit to make it retract.
Do you have pictures you can post? There has been much debate over the elusive active air dam.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it caught or the motors won’t pull it up? Have you gotten under and messed with it. Mine on my 150 kept getting caught. I removed it and the Motors. Sitting in my Garage. It’s a truck, it should have clearance.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Disconnect the power from the motors, power cycle the Expedition. Looks almost identical to the 150 setup. See if the motors reset. Make sure nothing is restricting it going up and down.

OP
OP
Glen B Ashcroft

Glen B Ashcroft

Reaction score
Tried to unplug, got the left side unplugged but the right side plug can not be reached while its mounted, Arrgghhhh.
to dealer it goes back, frustrated though, called them right after words, they said bring it by anytime, I said ok I can do it now, I am headed that way, got there they looked at it and said "yep, its stuck down, the guy that knows about that is not here today" Arrgghhhhhh!!!!, I know I am ranting. I guess my time has no value to them.
So I have an appointment for Friday, we shall see

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tried to unplug, got the left side unplugged but the right side plug can not be reached while its mounted, Arrgghhhh.
to dealer it goes back, frustrated though, called them right after words, they said bring it by anytime, I said ok I can do it now, I am headed that way, got there they looked at it and said "yep, its stuck down, the guy that knows about that is not here today" Arrgghhhhhh!!!!, I know I am ranting. I guess my time has no value to them.
So I have an appointment for Friday, we shall see

The cost to repair MAY be covered under your vehicle’s comprehensive insurance (minus any deductible).

Unless an excessive number of comprehensive claims are filed, a comprehensive insurance claim does not affect your insurance score (with most companies).