airbag impact sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99exp

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good source for airbag impact sensors? I failed inspection because of the icon flashing on my dash. The code 1941 does not specify whether it's the left or right sensor.

I found a way around it to fool the computor, clear the code and pass inspection.

I understand that 99 was the last year with left and right impact sensors. The right sensor (according to Ford) costs 10x's more than the left.

Also, can someone tell me the location of both?

Thanks to all

wakeboarderNH

Reaction score
I just looked all over rock auto for you, can't find them there, I'll keep looking though, I don't have class or work today so I got nothing better to do since my dorm is now spotless.

Update: Looked up the code - is it "B1941 Air Bag Crash Sensor #1 Feed/Return Circuit Open"? I've been doing some research and everything says that it does not use external crash sensors, maybe this explains why I can't find them on fords part website. I read this (http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/669749-crash-sensor-diagrams.html). I guess everything is in the RCM. May have to get one of these.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
OP
OP

99exp

Reaction score
Wakeboarder,

It is B1941 circuit open and now I get the chime from the generic electronic module (GEM) which stops after a series of 5 chimes 4x's and stops. I'll look into getting a restaints control module (RCM) if it's cheap enough.

Your information and link was a huge help, Thanks!

wakeboarderNH

Reaction score
Wakeboarder,

It is B1941 circuit open and now I get the chime from the generic electronic module (GEM) which stops after a series of 5 chimes 4x's and stops. I'll look into getting a restaints control module (RCM) if it's cheap enough.

Your information and link was a huge help, Thanks!

Hey no sweat man, this is what the forums are for!