Anti-theft measures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyboy

Reaction score
Hi All,

We are planning a road trip soon and I would like the ask the community which measures you have done to decrease the chances of a thief stealing your Expy (I have a 2020 Expy Ltd Max)? I know the truck reports its GPS coordinates which are viewable via the FordPass app, but I recently found that it can be disabled via the display. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards

Last edited:

bryz_expy

Reaction score
Similar posts on this topic suggest a kill switch. I had one in an older Jeep. In my 19 I have had some ideas of where to add one without causing too much electrical trouble when activated but effective at disabling the vehicle. Active vs passive arming is also something to take into consideration.

Delay / deterrent only, nothing can completely prevent.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have some posts on here where I installed the ford factory shock sensor. it was plug and play and has worked great. You can order a mounting bracket for it but I elected to build one out of $5 piece of 1/8" aluminum. My only issue with it is that my trash neighbor likes to think he has a monster truck so his exhaust not only rattles my china cabinet but sets off my shock sensor if the garage door is open.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Buy one of those RFID blocking bags to keep your keys in.
That's only a small part of it, sadly, when you take a tail light for example, put modules in it and make it part of the CAN, thieves have found ways of hacking the entire vehicle through a tail light connection. Sadly, my local airport has had hundreds of Fords stolen out its "paid" lots over the last couple of years, using multiple methods (F150s are one of the most popular stolen vehicles at this major airport). Its funny to me, just like so many things these days, we call innovation progress, but in reality each new advancement seems to create 5 more weaknesses. I see it every day, working in technology sales.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire