Anyone ever use powerstop slotted rotors/pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like anything in life, I guess the best brake pad types are dependent on the person and what they want. Ceramic pads worked very well for me and the rest of my family. The caveat is that the Expedition is heavier than the cars / trucks /SUVs we've had in the family, so *maybe* there will be a difference and ceramics will suck on this truck, I don't know...

For now it still has the police-type SSV pads on it, which are semi-metallic I believe. I will probably swap them out for Bendix ceramic pads in a not-so-distant future.

As for my braking style, it is true that I tend to be hard on the brakes... I brake at the last moment and take off fast from a stop too. Probably something to do with my emergency driving training and having driven cars / SUVs in stop and go manner for a living, lol!

sub0cool

Reaction score
I have them on my 2010. Factory rotors warped so I gave these a try. No complaints. I’ve put 60k miles on the rotors without any warping.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I had them on my 1st gen Expy. After a year the rotors warped. Now I have motorcraft. 3years and not a shudder.

Hulkster

Reaction score
Im buying these the factory Motorcraft are warped. I hear alot of good things and also hear up north ice gets into the whole and slots causing issues. Im in Texas and I see other expys with them without any issue. I dont care about brake dust due to me always cleaning my cars so will update soon.