Automatic Headlights Always On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MasterEngineer
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the replies/input!

Turned out it was simply a bad photocell - I replaced the entire assembly with one from the salvage yard, and it's good as new!

Replacing was easy - simply use a flathead screwdriver to pry/pop the assembly up out of the dash then disconnect the single wire harness connected to it. If your interior trim is different from the replacement (remember, I grabbed the entire assembly that pops up out of the dash...not just the photocell/LED unit), simply unscrew the 2 (or 3, can't recall) gold/brass colored screws (I think 7 mm hex, but I can't remember) holding it in, and swap out with the plate from your vehicle.

Entire process took about 5 minutes.

OP
OP
MasterEngineer
Reaction score
Congrats ! That was an easy fix ! Can you tell if the old one is repairable ?

-Mike

Mike,

I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't know. The part didn't seem to be service-able if you know what I mean. It was a simple component and simple enough to replace that I didn't bother tinkering with the old one.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I actually prefer to have my headlights on during the day but don't know how to accomplish this.
I've tried covering the sensor in my '14 Limited but doesn't seem to activate the lights.
Any other ideas to have headlights always on? Other thank unplugging/ damaging sensor.