Bad Day I 95

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jphelps44

Reaction score
Skid Plate

That is the first thing i thought about the skid plate. When he showed me the expy on the lift i didnt see a skid plate. I have already looked at some and will be installing one!! Any suggestions for 07 eddie Bauer El?

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Otherwise just cut a piece of heavy gauge steel and bolt it on. I know at least for the first gens, only trucks with the HD towing package came with a skid plate from the factory. Mine is all beat up so it has served it's purpose well haha.

Sent from the Pocket Computer

DJLobo79

Reaction score
That's horrible man. I'm headed in that direction next week. I'll definitely be on the look out for rubbish, now more than ever. Hope everything turns out alright for you.

OP
OP
J

jphelps44

Reaction score
Thanks bedrck46 for the link! And DJLobo79 hope you have a good trip I love it here just people dont know how to drive and I have still seen other crap/debri on the road. Im still here stranded waiting on my Expy to be repaired supposed to be finished today but they sent the wrong part. Should be ready tomorrow morning. I am not enjoying driving this Suburban it sways like a boat, small cup holders, doesnt seem to have as much leg space, and does seem to set up as high on the roadway. Im sure people have complaints about expy but I just think its a better vehicle.

mrford60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
they did have a factory skid plate but it is rare. I had a 07 with the sport option, had a engine, transfer case and gas tank skid plate.

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most Gen III do not have any skid plates that I am aware of. SUVs are trending more towards the "S" and less "UV".

I caught a retread on I-95 on the Susquehana Bridge in my travels. Tractor trailer on one side, median on the other, no place to go... Thankfully it only left a mark and only cosmetic damage.

Be careful out there!

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Most Gen III do not have any skid plates that I am aware of. SUVs are trending more towards the "S" and less "UV".

I caught a retread on I-95 on the Susquehana Bridge in my travels. Tractor trailer on one side, median on the other, no place to go... Thankfully it only left a mark and only cosmetic damage.

Be careful out there!

I like how you put that.. lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev