Body Lift is here!!!! Now I have to think about tire size!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
tracked my body lift, its not far, should be here tomarrow, so this comeing weekend i will attack that, and figure out new bumper placement, should be fun doing with no help,

Bart Man

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sometimes your better off with out the help, that way you cant blame anybody when something goes wrong! and also you can take all the credit when people ask who did the work! ;)

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i was all happy that my body lift would be here today, damn i forgot it was one of them worthless holidays unless you work for the goverment, in a bank, or ups, grrrr now im bumming, and to boot got my a$$ draged in to working over the weekend, so now i dont know how soon lifts going in, nooooottttt happyyyy

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
oh ya and lane, good choice the hankooks look way more rugged, and are by far a better tire, the commanders are more of a street towing radial tire, stock look, and would suck any where but the road, and they do not hold up well. I use to sell them when i had my shop open, needless to say after a hand full of complaints, and dealing with warrenty issues, we stopped carrying them, many of them were comeing back with belt problems, and just bad wear patterns, generlaly i would say the issue was with the auto they were on being out of alignment, but that wasnt the case more times than not

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well after a screwed up weekend at work being up 52 hrs straight, i am now home with body lift in hand, 2 more pots of coffee, and im off to garage, wow, the instructions are not put together well, now i know why they dont recomend doing it yourself, you need some one to translate while you turn wrenches, should be fun, now all i need is a few extra hands, whos up for it????? any one???

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dig cam in hand, i think i might also do a video, i looked all over for one, nothing, so ill make one and hilight all the possible issues with the job, i wont post video but will e mail to those who want to see it, or are thinking of doing this on there own, think while im at it i may pull the carpet rino line floor, and put drain plugs in,

Last edited:

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
,before concidering to do a body lift dont ask your self how hard can this be, grrrrr got battery disconected, alls good, pulled air bag fuze, yup if you dont poppy it goes when you pull the bumpers, removed all plastic sills kick plates, time to remove center seats, hmm just 8 simple bolts, yeah right 45 minutes later got the 3rd row seat out, time to work on 2/3 seat, glad i own stock in rust buster, bolts are rusted solid to floor boards, let yas know more in a bit NOTE TO SELF buy beer and pizza, make freinds, k front bumpers ready to come off, if you are planning this on your own, look very closely at lower radiator cross support, not looking good on mine, might have to replace entire front clip, no more when bumper if off, but it looks rough,, i will continue to edit this post through the project, so be sure to back up to this post, al set wires and hoses all diconnected from frame rail, bumpers off, now to loosen bolts, all going well so far i am 3 hrs into this project, could have use a hand with bumpers, but i held them up with bungies so they would not fall while removeing the bolts, k this isnt going so well now, can not break these bolts, the bushings the screw into are needed for reassembaly, hmmm think its time for a beer, and let the pb blaster do its job,. hmmmm building an orr road expedition is better than just buying a jeep why??????? And the hell begins, first broken bolt, right behind passenger seat, got less than half turn out and bolt broke, just added more time to this job, now i need to drill it out, rethread it, not good, and limited to my tools here right now, removeing the actual 10 body bolt is turning out to be worst part of the job, NY winters have put a real bad toll on this truck, having alot of problems getting these bolts out they have rusted so bad they are flared out on end threads, lane you had right idea takeing your some where, all went good till i got to this step. k need a set of torches and dont have any, this went real bad fast, the 10 main bolts that hold the body down are so rusted up from ny winters that im at a stand still ive sprayed, and sprayed with pb blaster, and im getting nowhere, whos got a set of torches they will bring me?????? k total of 7 hrs into the project alone, all went well till it was time to remove body bolts, ran in to problems, (breaking, and twistint the lower bushings, i have called it a night, i will continue in am, goes to show what northern winters will do in a hurry, will post pics soon, after breaking 2 bolts, 2 swivel extentions, and every knuckle on both hands im ready throw my hands up,things started out so well, im half way dont, will continue in am, all for 3 inches, this is what ive gained 12 hrs of hell and a 1500.)) dollor credit bill, went and bought new torches, and a new hobart welder, so if any one needs mods done let me know. i need to pay this credit card off, not so lol

Last edited:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you sure you need to re-use the threads in the bushings?? last few body lifts I did you had to drill the treads out and then use nuts and bolts that came with kit.... I'm in class right now start of spring symester... but i'll check back through out the day

and all the lift kits I've done or helped with ,the hardest part is always getting the old bolts out... so your almost at the half way point LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire