Body Lift is here!!!! Now I have to think about tire size!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thought i was almost done, got to the driver side front mount dam bolt broke off inside the treaded bushing sleeve, so i decided to take the rest of today off, need to get some nuts, washers, and oxigen for the torch, working next few days so, it going to sit in the garage, i got so fed up with the thing to day i nearly started to smash it with my big breaker bar, wifes pist, figure its time to take a break, and try to keep the boss happy, she aint seen me in 3 days,

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well ive taken last few days off from working on truck, i am going to rebuild the front clip also when i restart the project on monday, got so streesed over the extent of the damage to the front end i needed a break, so il sit down sunday figure out what order to attack at and hopefully have all finished either monday or tuesday, i will try to find time to get pics through the restabilization stages, but this will just be a temp fix as come summer i will be going and getting a complete new front clip,

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well ive pondered what to do, and decided its time to throw some dynomite in this truck and blow her right to h3ll, then i remembered, i cant, its in the garage which isnt mine, next to a mini van that isnt mine, so guess 2nd choice will have to do, i am removing the radiator, cutting out the suport, and welding in a 3/8 inch piece of steel, drilling new holes, and reinstalling it all, not the original plan, but niether was finding all that rust,

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well its back together, but put stock bumpers back on, i need the truck and dont have time for the mods for the bumpers, but the body lift is done, will post more later, but for starters, this is not a one man job, I got my a$$ kicked bad, and its a good thing im not very christian, there was a lot of sinning involved, and if you are, just hire some one else to do it, and BE SURE TO CHECK ALL YOUR MOUNTS PRIOR TO ORDERING A BODY LIFT, Had i known my front end was in the condition it was in, I would never have done this

Last edited:

Flyin700

Reaction score
How bad were your body mounts? I don't see any pix. I bought two cans of PB blaster and have been spraying the threads on the bottoms of the mounts. There are a few near the rear tire that are real hard to get to. Can't even see them. You have me second guessing me doing mine. I did a 3" bl on my 94 Toyota when it had 1,000 miles on it. The undercoating was still wet. Wanted to put 35's with the 3 in spacers and the TT but may be going the 33 route.

JEF199

Reaction score
I'm glad I saw this, was thinking TT/spacer and 3" body lift...300 bucks for 5" sounds better than $1700. But I think for now TT/spacers and some 285/75/17 til I get the cash for some wheels and lift.

In my case, 245K miles the suspension needs rebuilt anyway. Plus I want a more off road truck than a street truck.

By the way with a body lift do you run into other issues with wires, brake lines, fuel fill, rad hose, ect. ect.?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett