Body Lift is here!!!! Now I have to think about tire size!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah the lower bushings are what the new bolts thread in to, no way around unless i go buy washers and nuts, drill them out and do it that way, but it should be bolted to lower bushings, heres the thing! if you dont have freind or family you can count on dont do this at home and think you can do it, im now into about 14 hrs a new hobart welder, and a compleate set of torches, (over 1400$) this is turning into a night mare,, and cant even drive it to lacal shop, but hey i have a bew set of torches and a brand new hobart mig welder im happy

Last edited:

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
some project pics
bodyliftproject009.jpg
bodyliftproject008.jpg
bodyliftproject004.jpg
bodyliftproject011.jpg
bodyliftproject010.jpg

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ya like that, walnuts wasnt kidding about 3 seasons of winter, I give a lot of credit to him for keeping a daily driver as a show truck, weather here is crazy, and the salt they put down is worse, thing is it is only ont the front clip, therest of the truck is solid, bolts rusted up but frame and body solid

Last edited:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a lot of work keeping this daily driver looking nice.... but that has meant ALOT of trips to car wash and about 8-10 cans of undercoating everything underneath... so far its holding up great just need to redo the bottom of the inside doors ... peeled a little last time spraying it... but soon as spring the entire truck gonna get a bath then off to the body shop for professional buff and to paint roll pan and hood scoops... it will look pretty again soon I should post some pics of its current salty look LOL gotta love NNY

OP
OP
Lane24

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Thanks for posting all these pics, and info as you go along dgray. It will help alot of people who want to do the same thing. Now I know I am glad I just paid my auto accessories shop $700 to do mine. Seems worth it now. But keep going, looks like you are doing a good job!!!!

Last edited:

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lane you made a wise choice, it started out alright till i got to the the bolts and bushing, and the front end has me worried, new york winters have killed this truck, i will be taking more pic, and guys i do not recomend doing this on your own, ive done body lifts in the past on the trucks, sad part is most my freinds are club members and live to far away to travel here through the week, so now my dd is sitting half done in the shop hope i get it done today but doubt i will,need to figure out how i can be in truck and under it at at same time

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well its official, wife put me in dog house, this expy is going to lead to my divorce. wife is livid, especially over the torch and welder, now if it was a jeep she would understand, but she hasnt figured out the expedition thing yet, well any way almost done, need to do 2 front body mounts and install bumpers

OP
OP
Lane24

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
We are all pulling for you man!!! Too bad it's giving you so much troubles. It will be worth it in the end. Can't wait to see some finished pics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett