Body Shop says Platinum Grill will not fit XLT :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok. So you’re going with ‘it’s got the most biggerestest screen!’

And yeah, microphones have been used in minivans for half a decade.

So yeah. Towels being thrown and such.

Yes. When did I call the navigator a tech beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not going with anything!!!

You said neither of which are firsts...... they actually both are!!!!!!

there have been other iterations such as Toyotas Easy Speak, but not anything like AKG is implementing. AKG is omni directional. any position to any position.

you stated the Navi was on par with the new escalade in tech. you also said the tech in navi was better than the expi. neither are true!! i have listed 7 things the escalade has that the neither have. and i also proved the only thing that seperates the navi and expi in technology is the HUD.

it doesnt matter whether or not you think it is valuable tech or not!! it is pretty black and white. it is tech that ford doesnt have in either of their top of the line SUVs. period. even the mirror!! it doesnt matter how small the feature is. it is absolutely a feature. my wife is regularly in tow with 5-6 teenage girls to basketball tournaments all over the country. to be able to see without asking someone to move their head or help check is very nice!! also at night with tinted rear windows and occupants on their phones and tablets, their is glare, the rear cam is much much better for both of these tasks.

im not trying to be an *******, i have just literally proven EVERY single thing you have said wrong!! I know being right comes off as being an *******!!

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aaannnddd context:

“Larger displays and Night vision/super cruise are about it...expys dont even have HUD though so this is no doubt a big jump.”

So yep. Going to an escalade with super cruise IS a big jump from a vehicle that doesn’t even have HUD lol.

That’s literally the point.

you and your HUD, im just not sure i see the correlation!!! LOL, so everyone coming from a navigator will be much less impressed with these two incredible features because they had a monochrome HUD?!?!?!? thats hilarious!! but everyone coming from the expi will be spellbound because they have never even had their speed projected onto the window!!!!

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You said neither of which are firsts...... they actually both are!!!!!!

Nope. Neither are. Nissan has used rear view camera monitors for a while and microphones/speakers have been used in minivans and Hyundai’s for years. Even super-cruise type functionality isn’t a first. Talking about how these functions slightly differ from other models literally proves they aren’t ‘firsts’.

Unless of course you’re now moving the goalposts on what ‘first’ means. Don’t forget you stated the 30 speaker revel ultima wasn’t a tech differentiator since expys have ‘a stereo’ too.

So yeah. ‘Most biggerest screen’ is what you’ve got.

Sorry. Those are just facts.

im not trying to be an *******,

*shrug*

No harm no foul. Good luck with the GM. I’ll probably get an esky in a couple years when the inevitable first year/two bugs are ironed out. Of course at that point someone else May have the most biggerestest screen! ;-)

Last edited:

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Everytime, I see the word "hud". I think of the slang definition:

An obnoxious, intolerant, narrow-minded person who likes to insult and gloat. Highly aggressive and opinionated.

We use it at work a lot. LOL!!! An example would be, "He is such a f***ing hud." More commonly referred to as a "tool".

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I did put good chocolate on order, got delivered yesterday. I’ve never been a fan of waxy chocolate full of fillers, I like the good stuff. Enjoy getting a Lintd bar from Walgreens here and there for a hold over, decent stuff for cheaper chocolate.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I lit my brush pile yesterday and it was still smoldering this morning.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope. Neither are. Nissan has used rear view camera monitors for a while and microphones/speakers have been used in minivans and Hyundai’s for years. Even super-cruise type functionality isn’t a first. Talking about how these functions slightly differ from other models literally proves they aren’t ‘firsts’.

Unless of course you’re now moving the goalposts on what ‘first’ means. Don’t forget you stated the 30 speaker revel ultima wasn’t a tech differentiator since expys have ‘a stereo’ too.

*shrug*

No harm no foul. Good luck with the GM. I’ll probably get an esky in a couple years when the inevitable first year/two bugs are ironed out. Of course at that point someone else May have the most biggerestest screen! ;-)

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score

*shrug*

Dude give your dad his computer back!!! LOL. There is no way I am arguing with someone over 12 here!!!!!!!!

The two firsts, i EXPLICITLY posted, were the size of display and the AKG system, which IS a first. I conceded and gave an example of vehicles that have had microphone assisted speech reinforcement!! They did not do it like this!! What is so hard to understand about that!! I never said the camera was a first, i gave an example of why it is extremely useful.

The brand of audio system is not a tech differentiation at all. The Platinum has a B&O system, the Navi a Revel. That is the sound you hear, of which is extremely subjective as to which is better. You stating their are 3 different tech related items on the Nav vs Platinum is flat out wrong. There is 1, it is a HUD.

Again the biggest screen is one of 7 items related to technology that the Escalade has that the Navi nor the Expy have!! Which was my first statement that you disagreed with!! You said the Navi Tech was on par with the upcoming Escalade. It isnt, I gave 7 examples. Now for 4 pages you have been trying to ignore, disect, distract from that fact, but facts dont lie, the Escalade has much more technology than the Navi. Im not trying t hurt your feelings! Just stating the facts.

now out of the cabin, add two more tech features ford does not have on their premium rigs....
Trailering Integration adds up to 5 cameras around the trailer, and can monitor tire pressure
Air Ride with 4" of travel.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They did not do it like this!!

So it’s a goalpost move. Anytime tech improves or is done differently it’s considered an industry first now.

Well. In that case. You win.

The brand of audio system is not a tech differentiation at all.

But the revel ultima is DIFFERENT. It has 30 speakers, wavepoint guides, point source architecture and field balancing rings. Soooooo....

Voila. Industry first! That’s easy.

This has been really fun but probably time to move on eh? Honestly enjoy your new rig.

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You said the Navi Tech was on par with the upcoming Escalade.

I believe I said it was pretty much on par from a technology standpoint. The navigator certainly has a more advanced engine and transmission but perhaps we’re not considering those as technology

In my opinion, and I called this out, super cruise is really the only meaningful advancement. All of the rest are minor (at best) have been done before and are simply remixed for the Escalade. And yes it’s an opinion, but I simply don’t find any of them compelling. The only true advancement on the Escalade is a really big screen.

I’m honestly not trying to make you so emotional. I’ve said it many times I’ve had lots of GM’s and have loved all of them. I’m sure you’ll love the Escalade. And I bet you’ll end up loving the heads up display a lot more than you think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk