Brought the truck home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Over the last few months I have been hearing a ticking noise at startup I recognized As an exhaust leak. Last Wednesday I dropped the truck off at the dealer to look at it and he fan control didn't change the speed between 2&3. Thursday I got a call that both exhaust manifolds were leaking. They replaced both manifolds and the studs. 4 broke when they took em out. They also found one of the seals and the pinion seal on the front had small leak. They replaced the seals. They also replied the fan control. After all that and the loaner car the bill was $2000+.

The good news.
When I bought the truck in 2008 we decided to add the extended warranty. It was all covered. I took I t back to the dealer I bought it from so there was no deductible. Last summer the compressor for the rear air suspension died and was replaced. I have one more year on the warranty and it has already paid for itself.

ptmares

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank god for warranties. If I may ask, is it a Ford Extended Warranty or an Independent Extended Warranty?

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can be very helpful. Good to hear that you had it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm glad you had a good experience with your warranty, I just swore off of ever buying extended warranties for my vehicles. I have an '07 Eddie Bauer EL with 65,000 miles on it and a 7-year/100,000 mile warranty that I was led to believe was bumper-to-bumper. I've now spent $1200+ in the past 8 months for two separate repairs. So disappointed with Ford. Budget is very tight and I bought a warranty specifically so I would NOT have to worry about out-of-pocket expenses for car repairs.

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Generally, if you bought an extended warranty and no longer want it, you can call the warrany company and cancel it and they have to refund you for the unused portion on a pro-rate basis.

07Expy4x4

Reaction score
Last Wednesday I dropped the truck off at the dealer to look at it and he fan control didn't change the speed between 2&3 . . . They also replied the fan control.

I am having the same issue with the fan control on my 07 not changing between 2&3. What does it take to fix it?

OP
OP
DF5.4

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am having the same issue with the fan control on my 07 not changing between 2&3. What does it take to fix it?

They replaced a module behind the glove box. It has the resistors for the fan speed. One of the resistors were burned up. I noticed that it was still the same and took it back today. It looks like the switch it bad. They tried telling me that 2&3 were very close in fan speed. If I put the switch between 2&3 I can get the fan to run faster than 2 but not as fast as 4. The mechanic told me he has never had to change a switch. The resistor module has always fixed the problem.

tpacheco

Reaction score
I am glad my Expy is still under warranty. I just came from ford because I kept hearing a popping sound when I shifted from reverse into drive. I thought u-joints were bad and since it is under warranty I'd let them sort it out. Well it ends up that there is an issue with the transfer case and they are replacing the whole thing with a brand new one. They gave me a rental truck (f150) and said it should be done by Tuesday.