Can I level front end on 98 expy with some sort of tool?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blbikerood

Reaction score
I thought I had read that somewhere. Some key that turns it up level with the rear end?? Thanks!

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Use a 18mm socket and breaker bar.
You can do a torsion twist . I think thats what you are thinking.

Lay under the b pillar and you will see the round bar coming from the front. follow it back and youll see an arm with a bolt. on the passenger side and another bolt across from it coming down on the drivers side. if you loosen the bolt the front of your truck comes down if you tighten it, it goes up. I sprayed some WD-40 on the bolt about 10 minutes before I attempted the twist.
I got almost 2 inches when I did mine on my 98 Eddie Bauer.

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Use a 18mm socket and breaker bar.
You can do a torsion twist . I think thats what you are thinking.

Lay under the b pillar and you will see the round bar coming from the front. follow it back and youll see an arm with a bolt. on the passenger side and another bolt across from it coming down on the drivers side. if you loosen the bolt the front of your truck comes down if you tighten it, it goes up. I sprayed some WD-40 on the bolt about 10 minutes before I attempted the twist.
I got almost 2 inches when I did mine on my 98 Eddie Bauer.

what he said. i got 2.75 inches out of mine. it is advised to have the front tires off the ground but the wheels can stay on good luck

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what they said.... but another hint is make measurements from ground to fender... then put a mark on bolts before you turn them so you can turn them equally... then remeasure fender to make sure level... then drive down some bumpy roads and remeasure to make sure your level...

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
what they said.... but another hint is make measurements from ground to fender... then put a mark on bolts before you turn them so you can turn them equally... then remeasure fender to make sure level... then drive down some bumpy roads and remeasure to make sure your level...

What he said about the measurements fer sure. I wasn't able to keep my bolts equal, but I made sure the ground to bottom of fender was the same. I measured through the middle of rim up to the bottom inside of wheel well.

I left mine on the ground when I did mine too. Then I just lifted each side a few turns at a time tilll I went up close to 2 inches. Drove around , remeasured, then adjusted, did the same the next day.

I suppose I could go higher like KWT but I only have 2 inch spacers in the back, while he has 3 inches I believe. So I wanted it level, and just enough to avoid rub on my 35's.

Easiest cheapest mod to do.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dose anyone know if there are 2 inch high springs. i did a torsion crank. 2". and i want the rear higher. i have never liked blocks on leafs or spacers on springs. so i was wondering if there were any bigger springs i can put in. or if some jeep wrangler springs would fit. just an option.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjtehan