Can't disable auto lock feature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RonH

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2000 Expedition and although I follow the procedure to deactivate the auto door lock feature it still is active. The procedure I used is with all doors closed is to turn the key on, press unlock three times, turn the key off, press unlock three times, turn the key on, horn chirps, I press unlock once and then lock once, horn chirps once. I turn the key off, horn chirps once. 30 seconds later locks engage. Any help is appreciated.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Form the service manual

Autolock and Memory Seat/Mirror Enable/Disable Procedure

The enable/disable mode allows the Autolock or Personality (memory seat/mirror and memory pedal) features to be turned off and on. The features can be enabled/disabled using the New Generation STAR (NGS) Tester or manually, using the door lock control switch.

NGS Enable/Disable Procedure

To enable/disable using the NGS and the Ford Service Function Card:

1. Select SERVICE BAY FUNCTIONS.
  1. Select RAP.
  1. Select ANTI-THEFT CONFIGURE.
  1. Select
    • HORN CHIRP
    • PERSONALITY
    • AUTOLOCK/RELOCK
    • LED FLASH WHEN ARMED
When the feature is selected, the current status will be displayed. The feature can then be enabled/disabled.

Manual Enable/Disable Procedure

The enable/disable mode can be entered manually using the following procedure.

To change the programming for Autolock or Personality settings, the procedure must be followed to the end. The Autolock and Personality programming can be changed independently. After completing either Autolock or Personality enable/disable, the next enable/disable procedure may be completed before programming mode is exited.

To enter programming mode, steps 1 through 8 must be carried out within 30 seconds.

1. Close all doors.
  1. Make sure the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
  1. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.
  1. Press the door lock control switch to UNLOCK three times.
  1. Turn the ignition switch from RUN to OFF.
  1. Press the door lock control switch to UNLOCK three times.
  1. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.
  1. Verify the RAP module chirps the horn. This indicates that the RAP module is now in the enable/disable mode and ready to accept program changes.
To Enable/Disable Autolock

• Press the door lock control switch to the UNLOCK position. (This selects the Autolock programming mode.)
  • Press the door lock control switch to the LOCK position. (This changes the current state of Autolock to either enable or disable.)
  • To confirm the Autolock change of state, the RAP module will chirp the horn. If the chirp is followed by a long horn blast, Autolock was just enabled. If no blast follows the chirp, then Autolock was just disabled.
To Enable/Disable Personality

• Press the door lock control switch to the UNLOCK position two times. (This selects the Personality programming mode.)
  • Press the door lock control switch to the LOCK position. (This changes the current state of Personality to either enable or disable.)
  • To confirm the Personality change of state, the RAP module will chirp the horn twice. If the chirps are followed by a long horn blast, Personality was just enabled. If no blast follows the chirp, the Personality was just disabled.
To End Programming Mode

• Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
  • Verify the RAP module chirps the horn once to indicate that a feature has been changed.

OP
OP
R

RonH

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, but, as I mentioned in my original post, I follow the procedure everyone listed and I get the horn chirp at the end that signifies that the change has been accepted. The problem is that it still is not disabled. It auto locks after 30 seconds every time.

OP
OP
R

RonH

Reaction score
Yes. It does the short beep on one cycle and then the short with long horn on the next.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This brings back memories of trying to install Windows in the early versions when things wouldn't work as advertised.
What the heck, try unplugging the module and plugging it back up after a few minutes. Might work, might not.