Ceramic interiors , what's the experiences been with ownership?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shopping for a used 19/20 year Platinum. I like the look of the ceramic interors, but given our lifestyle of dogs and outdoor activities the wife feels it'll be a nightmare to keep clean. For those that own that interior what has been your experience? Hard to keep clean?

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shopping for a used 19/20 year Platinum. I like the look of the ceramic interors, but given our lifestyle of dogs and outdoor activities the wife feels it'll be a nightmare to keep clean. For those that own that interior what has been your experience? Hard to keep clean?
Just get rid of the dogs and wife and shouldn't be an issue keeping your interior clean.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe it won't show other things as bad though. I can't stand how bad scratches show up on the ebony interior, like the door panels. And these panels scratch worse than just about any other vehicle i've had for years. My wife's Acura is 2 years older and the panels look far better (it's more of a tan interior) and hte same kids get in and out of hers with the same bags. But seriously, little plastic or metal straps and zippers on their school bags scratch these things and there's definitely no covering them up.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the med ceramic int and honestly, if I could, I would smash that option button every time. It's def harder to keep clean as it shows every denim, mud splash or coffee drip lol BUT the way it lightens the interior while keeping it classy (IMO) is top-notch. I've had the typical black-on-black for ages and yes that's classy too, but this kicks it up a notch. Harder to keep clean? HELL YES, but worth the extra time to shine it up.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it helps you decide, my 2018 has black interior and I've literally never washed the seats/interior since it doesn't show any stains. If you like cleaning it non stop that's cool, but I'm just not into cleaning the seats often personally.

gbigpapa

Reaction score
Maybe it won't show other things as bad though. I can't stand how bad scratches show up on the ebony interior, like the door panels. And these panels scratch worse than just about any other vehicle i've had for years. My wife's Acura is 2 years older and the panels look far better (it's more of a tan interior) and hte same kids get in and out of hers with the same bags. But seriously, little plastic or metal straps and zippers on their school bags scratch these things and there's definitely no covering them up.
100%!!!!. The plastic details in the cargo compartment was all beat up afret just 30 days after owning my expedition It looks worse than other SUV I’ve owned for 15 years.

hapEcat

Reaction score
2 recalls, and parts on backorder. Both are real safety issues; a blower motor that can catch on fire (already making noises), and a master cylinder brake booster tends to fill with fluid (no issues as yet). Transmission shutters, vibrate the whole car; believe it to be a torque converter that is going in & out of lock, or a shift control module. Local Service Mgr claims it to be normal, and his F-150 does the same thing... Gotta go find a better dealership with a better service department

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris7990