check advancetrac + multiple systems failing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup going to get those codes better, because i can't found any wiring diagram about advance track system in the workshop manual.

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi, just an update on my problem, i get a code C1998 module calibration imcomplete, any advice how to calibrate or have to go to the stealership, thats my problem, i dont know if have to do that i change sometimes between my 22" wheels to 17" factory wheels, just need to know how to resolve.
Thanks!

2003 Ford Expedition 4x4 Eddie Bauer 5.4L

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The c1998 is what I had as well. 150 bucks later from the dealership I had no more light. I tried scan tool and other enhanced scanners and I found it has to be the dealership. Even the crystler dealership that I bought it from wasn't able to do it.

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The c1998 is what I had as well. 150 bucks later from the dealership I had no more light. I tried scan tool and other enhanced scanners and I found it has to be the dealership. Even the crystler dealership that I bought it from wasn't able to do it.

Well thanks lets see if i can find a honest dealer here, because i have the airbag light ond the dealer ask 1,300.00 for the suposed airbag module dont know is labor was included but i just buy the clockspring for 109.00 as been told here in the forum and all my problems regarding airbag was resolve, thanks for the reply.

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i can scan and attach my invoice if that will help you any so they will know what needs to be done

Tony@MTVA

Reaction score
Advancetrac Problem solved

Thanks to all members who posted concerning the break in the purple or violet wires coming off the A pillar at the kick panel. After spending a ton of money on the control shift motor, 4x4 control module and several hours paying a mech anic to ohm wires with no results your post took me straight the the problem. I fixed the corroded and broken purple (violet) wires and every thing now works as it should. The problem results from the leaks around the windshield or sunroof. This is where the water settles. Now to work on find a solution for the leak. Thanks again to all that posted. What a great help.

ohillny

Reaction score
Hello Folks
I have a 03 Ex I am having some of the same problems rear hatch wont open side view mirrors don't work, windshield washer pump doesn't work,and I have a door ajar light on. I did as suggest checking the wire bundle on driver side which to my surprise I have a rotted out hole exposing the wires to the eliminates, but surprisingly no wire was frayed or out of place this vehicle did miss last winter here in Rochester NY, I was wondering was there in any other suggestion to trace these problems all the fuses are good also. It could be the actual parts its self but I thought that might be a long stretch but I am open for ideas.
Thanks

bnavqm

Reaction score
I fixed my problem. I had the same issue, door locks, liftgate, auto headlights, key fob, and radio not shutting off. I found two white and red wires coming from the middle plug in to the VSM broken. The wires were in the passengers door sill about a foot from the A from/fuse box. The wires were corroded and broken. As you can see from the pics, the wire was broken. I didn't have 12 volts on pin 3 on the middle connector on the VSM. Hopefully this will fix everything.

20200910_133208.jpg

20200910_133221.jpg

20200910_133230.jpg

20200910_133258.jpg

cdog003

Reaction score
Hey Bnavqm did the fix on the passenger side fix all your issues? I have a 06 navigator same issues as mentioned but harness is fully intact on drivers side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccky