Compressor will not start after replacing both rear airbags and struts on 08 expedition limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BLParker

Reaction score
Would anyone have the wiring diagram for the air suspension system on a 08 expedition. I went and bought a Haynes repair manual but cant seem to find it.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford has a weird way to activate fill sequence for air springs. On my Lincoln, you had to open the drivers door, then close it, like doing the hokey pokey dance. You definitely have a power break somewhere . If your 100 percent sure relay/ fuses and all legs of power and ground are sound, try wiggling the wires going to the compressor. I can't help with schematic, but one of our members should be able to. Even though your relay opens and closes make sure you've got power and ground feeding the relay. Also swap one of the other relays in its place, just to be sure.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BLParker

Reaction score
The relay for the compressor is the only one of its type in the panel. It has thicker leads than the other ones. So they are not the same. I have checked and rechecked all the connections and just cant figure this one out. I did apply power to the compressor and it came on but there is not power coming from the plug its self thats why I am needing the schematic to try to trace where its going.

08T1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe the level sensor on the bad side is not detecting an imbalance? On my 05 it was faulty and was a hit and miss till I replaced it.

Hope this helps.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BL check your mail, I sent you a pm.

OP
OP
B

BLParker

Reaction score
The resolution to this issue was the leveling sensor in the back. The one that was bent was defective. No my truck sits lower in the back and I saw something on the web about re-calibrating the sensors. Any tips on that? Or is it a dealership thing?

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oem Ford is always your best bet, but pricey. Your bags aren't your problem. Your compressor is not kicking on. The chances of a faulty compressor is slim. My bags from suncore worked for over 6 months, then started leaking. You just need to figure out why you lost power/ ground. If you suspect the new compressor swap in your old one, after confirmation of power to it. Let us know your findings, I'm guessing simple problem.

What ended up happening with the suncore assemblies?. I'm looking at suncore airsprings or arnott conversion.