Controls of CCD Suspension in a 2018 Max Platinum?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I havent ridden in the new nav yet, wish i did. The suspension is the same but tuned different. From reviews, it seems the nav is tuned a bit softer than the expy, which is crazy as you probably know the expy is soft as it is with the ccd. The nav system is adaptive so it changes on the fly or suppose to, im not sure if the expys do that. Theres a cpl of people who have navis here, one says he feels the difference in ride.

As for color, white gold or red would be my color of choice for a platinum.

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My favorite colors are white and blue, my 2004 Expedition was blue, and my 2007 also is blue, had a 2000 Windstar also blue, so all my SUV's - Vans have been blue. For cars I prefer white.

So as you can see blue and white are my favorite. First time when I went to see the 2018 Expedition at the dealership, it was a Platinum Metallic White and I liked it, except it was not Max and had black interior. So I like both colors but it is in my head if it is time to change to white in the 2018 Expedition.

I like the way this metallic blue color shines with the sun, so this is why I'm having a hard color decision.

If it helps the blue metallic picks up tones of grey. When our skies are overcast, Mad Max looks more grey but in sunlight she definitely looks blue. I have heard one person make a comment that they saw green, I haven’t seen it but who knows.

If you are ready for change go down the white route, but my vote (which doesn’t count) is for blue. I can send more photos if it helps, lol. If I had a chance to order it the way I want, I wouldn’t change a thing. (My hubby ordered for me as a surprise, I found out when he gave it to me in December). Best of luck to you!

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its different from theold models. In the old models, the ccd was selectable through a drill dwn menu in the instrument cluster. In the 18s, theres a button on the center console you can push that changes the ccd options(the buttons are different with 2wd or 4wd). You have to choose tbe correct drive mode for the ccd to change(sport md for sport, nml md/all others for normal, eco md for comfort)
that darn sure makes it easier to change...i cannot believe how big the book is and then how hard it is to search.

Don Leslie

Reaction score
You would change the Mode. Turn the dial and the options appear on the screen. View attachment 23646

Thank goodness. The drill down in my 2016 Platinum is about the dumbest thing one can imagine. I was steamed when I got it. You don't switch quickly. I was surprised Ford could be so far out of touch. At least they have it right now. I hardly use it because it is a pain to switch.

Don Leslie

Reaction score
FWIW, white shows the dirt. I have washed this truck more in a month than the previous 10 years years of beige car ownership. Doesn't take much to look dirty. My husband never washes his grey car and it looks fine; the dirt isn't nearly as noticeable.

My experience has been completely opposite. The white stands up much better. We have two white vehicles (Exp and Escape) and they are both white. Our neighbours have four black vehicles and they have to clean theirs far more often than we do. We have had nine vehicles and two motorhomes since 2007 - all of them white. Our next vehicles will be white as well.

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank goodness. The drill down in my 2016 Platinum is about the dumbest thing one can imagine. I was steamed when I got it. You don't switch quickly. I was surprised Ford could be so far out of touch. At least they have it right now. I hardly use it because it is a pain to switch.

To track mpg, I’ve left it in normal mode and my mpg combined has stayed consistent. I’m thrilled with the Expedition, great room, everything. My only complaint was parts on back order, but that’s resolved

Fordalways

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to set one of the Drive Modes as either default or “sticky” (choice remains after engine restart) for the ‘18 Expy? Mine reverts to Normal on each restart. I’ve searched the manual, the menu trees and Google with no luck.

David Ieroncig

Reaction score
Hello all!

I need some guidance on this subject as I'm unclear if and how I can toggle the CCD to soften or firm up the ride.

Online, Ford flaunts the ability to choose between 3 settings.
How?!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You switch the drive modes as stated earlier. Normal is the default, Eco mode puts it in comfort, sport mode puts it in sport. If you have a last gen its different.

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Color is completely a personal decision. I love how the blue color looks in all the Ford Pictures of the Expedition. However, in looking at actual trucks at local Ford dealers, the blue color doesn't look as appealing. I was also between the Blue and the White Platinum, my wife and I decided to go with the metallic white.