Crank, no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Rose820

Reaction score
Any recommendations on a computer. I also have two keys and from what I read, this is sufficient enough for the dealership to re program?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They will have to "marry" the pcm to the instrument cluster then program keys. Usually not a cheap fix by any means.

The keys need to be "different" and not copies of a single key.

Another option would be to get an instrument cluster and pcm from a junk yard and have the keys programmed.

There are also on-line pcm repair companies.

Some tuners will also allow you to disable PATS. But they aren't cheap.

Last edited:

pi3053

Reaction score
Had same problem dealer said it was PATS. Told me to disconnect battery for a couple of minutes and it might reset if not it needs replaced. Another thing to try is shut and lock doors a try to start, this has worked for me. There is also a fuse for the ignition system and had it blow out once.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
You can activate the anti theft, by locking it with the inside door switch, then closing the door. I have done it. Always unlock/lock with the fob. Try the key both ways or other key.