Delay shifting in reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u.p.expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Occasionally when I shift my 07 expy into reverse there is a couple of second delay before it actually "shifts". I'm going to get the tranny fluid changed and r/r the filter-is this what could happen with dirty fluid?

svtfiveoh

Reaction score
Occasionally when I shift my 07 expy into reverse there is a couple of second delay before it actually "shifts". I'm going to get the tranny fluid changed and r/r the filter-is this what could happen with dirty fluid?

Mine does the same thing, I did the fluid and filter change. No difference. Its not like its slipping tho...

OP
OP
u.p.expy

u.p.expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing, I did the fluid and filter change. No difference. Its not like its slipping tho...

Right, it just seems like it takes a few seconds for it to fully engage. Weird. Later this fall I will be towing a 26' boat to Wisconsin for an antique wooden boat show and I just don't want to have any issues along the way.

svtfiveoh

Reaction score
Right, it just seems like it takes a few seconds for it to fully engage. Weird. Later this fall I will be towing a 26' boat to Wisconsin for an antique wooden boat show and I just don't want to have any issues along the way.

I've towed a few times with no problems.