Double Din

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

royalet

Reaction score
I have a 1998 expedition with the stock radio, i just purchased a double din touchscreen unit, would anyone know what needs to be fabricated to get this to fit : note that the original radio looks double din till you get it out. and also anyone who would have some knowledge onb installing a drop down monitor also. thank you

stang99x

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should be able to make a little number to screw on. I like to scavenge the junkyards and get brackets off of other model cars and save them for just such an occasion. A drop down in a piece of cake, just get some pegboard from lowes as a backing plate

OP
OP
R

royalet

Reaction score
I believe that the drop down came with the backing plate, now do i have to cut out part of the headliner, where its going to mount is right up their under the heat vent

stang99x

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't cut it! You can slide the mount up into the headliner by just pulling it down on one side!