Drive Mode Selection...System Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An engine that was running recently should still have SOME oil pressure. Ford may still have the oil pressure switch, not sensor, that has the gauge showing "OK" since there is some pressure. The transmission is also quite warm, and the coolant isn't cold, this picture is from an engine that was quite recently driven.

Ford still uses that stupid switch/idiot gauge on everything they make :emotions34: if you have 9 PSI or above in Pressure it displays at halfway if it drops below 9 psi is displays “zero”.

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shane your hypothesis is in error. If that was "normal", all of the vehicles that use that combination of ecu & modules would display the same message under the same condition. Since they don't there is an issue somewhere.

So, to all the armchair mechanics, what can cause this message? This is an exercise in thinking about the problem instead of tossing parts. I have a theory which I'll share later. I'm just curious what other members will come up with.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not much to theorize about! For the most part, you either........

A) have a mechanical problem with something in the drivetrain and the sensors are reporting it properly. Even if it is intermittent.

B) a/the sensor(s) are bad and reporting issues that aren’t there. Even if intermittent.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not yet, that is where the "thinking portion" statement comes into play. I ran into something similar to this in the past. I will say it is something about the system that is taken for granted and overlooked.

Since he is still under warranty, lets see what the dealer does first. I'll either be close or way off in left field.

OP
OP
M

MiddKid

Reaction score
Dropped off at the dealer this AM...still awaiting word... Stay tuned!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire