Driver seat torn in 09

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the leather tearing in the Gen III Expys? My sister in law has an 09 with about 30000 miles and has a tear in the driver side seat bolster. Its not at the seam, but in a crease. Its the charcoal (black) and tan EB interior if that matters.

On a side note, I have an 07 EB EL with the gray and tan interior with no issues so I'm wondering if its a maintenance issue.

I would have thought that the seat could have fared better in only 3 years and not a whole lot of miles.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lack of care / maintenance.

Most people drag their ass across the seat getting in and out. Plus wearing dirty jeans doesnt help. If the leather isnt cleaned and conditioned on a regular basis then every time you get in and out it's like taking sandpaper to the leather. I put over 193K on my 06 F150 and the leather was just starting to show some wear, but I took care to clean and condition the seats. I have a buddy that has a 2011 RAM that the cloth seats are already torn up, but its a work truck and not kept clean at all.

Matt