Driver side power seat failure.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello, I have an 09 Eddie Bauer and the power drivers seat is stuck in its most rearward position making my wife stretch to reach for the pedals. Is there a fuse or relay to check? Or is it common for the motor to die?
Thank you in advance.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Battery Junction Box

F-74 is for the drivers side
F-22 is for the passenger side

If the other controls for the drivers seat are working then your problem is the motor or something is jammed

You may want to take a pry bar and have someone operate the seat forward while you try to pry the seat forward

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that I remember there being something about a burned connector in the power seat harness. It has something to do with the wrong size ground wire and the fix installs a double ground if I remember correctly. If you search on here you should turn up a few threads on the subject.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Only the lumb
Battery Junction Box

F-74 is for the drivers side
F-22 is for the passenger side

If the other controls for the drivers seat are working then your problem is the motor or something is jammed

You may want to take a pry bar and have someone operate the seat forward while you try to pry the seat forward
Only the lumbar inflator works, I will check the relays or fuses mentioned.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the Lumber works then the fuse should be good You could be having problems with the switches being dirty

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The previous info is for power seats

However if you have memory seats then you need to also check fuse #2 and #12 in the passenger compartment fuse box Also look under the drives seat to make sure the connector for the Drivers Seat Module has not been pulled loose or disconnected ITS a 24 pin connector

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the ground if ALL the functions are acting up

If it has memory, you can also bypass the box and run the controls straight to motors

c-atkinson

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my 2010 Expedition. I pulled fuses #2 and #12 from the interior fuse box. Both fuses were fine and I put them back AND my seats worked again! Maybe something reset itself in the process. You might try this!

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my 2010 Expedition. I pulled fuses #2 and #12 from the interior fuse box. Both fuses were fine and I put them back AND my seats worked again! Maybe something reset itself in the process. You might try this!
This is a thing. The BCM for the seats has 12V straight from the battery, it never loses power, but sometimes the BCM loses its mind. There's no way to reset it unless you remove the negative battery cable or the fuse. It's known to fix lack of heat/cooling as well.