easy/cheap mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93F-150

Reaction score
anyone got ideas for easy/cheap mods for a 3rd gen? i have an 08 xlt and would like to start doing some little things with it. dont have a lot to spend as i have 2 little kids in diapers but wanting to get back into modding my rig a little

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leveling kit always "picks up" the appearance in my opinion... Could go with some aftermarket headlights or the blackout limited headlights... Could get a bull bar or brush guard... Maybe a new head unit for the interior... As an aside right now I'm purchasing one of those hood protector bug shield things from weather tech which looks like a pretty cool "mod" to the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didnt really notice a difference in power til I had intake headers and cat back together. As for suspension I did the rancho leveling kit and Im mostly happy with it, but Im starting to want to go to an OEM mechanical leveling next time around.

Gamecock

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LED Lighting, floormats (Weathertech, etc)

Depends what look you are going for....more luxury, offroad/adventure, touring?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what direction are u taking the truck

again...what direction are you looking to take the truck...that would help with suggestions...if u don't plan on lifting then those suggestions wont need to be given...if u do plan to lift then we don't need to worry about telling u to do stuff that street king truck would benefit from...

carlos08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For improving the looks of your rig, you can plastidip the chrome and wheels. It is easy to do and inexpensive.

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For improving the looks of your rig, you can plastidip the chrome and wheels. It is easy to do and inexpensive.

I did this to my wheels, emblems, and grill. I LOVE plastidip in that its 100% reversible. Also protects which is a nice bonus. OP if you plan on doing this then plan on at least 1 can per 17in wheel ( I used 1.5+ cans per wheel), 1 can can do all emblems and at least 1 for the grill. As for the handles I sadly have to report that the torquing when opening your door peels back plastidip, but I may make another pass at them in a month when spring arrives.

Last edited: