Electrical Connection question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ediddily

Reaction score
Recently I changed my plugs, I got lucky and they all came out without any effort! As I was trying to remove the coil from the harness, the darn clip that snaps on the coil broke off and had to tape the coil and its harness plug together. After that it didn't run quite right with a single cylinder misfire. The check engine light has come on, haven't diagnosed it yet, but my main question is if the harness connector to the coil is easy to replace?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes with the proper tools or you can redneck it and use silicone to hold the connector on. Just put enough for it to grip.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
elliottp, replacing a connector is fairly easy. The big trick is getting the pins out of the old connector. I find using a jeweler's screw driver (flat blade), you can slide it along the pin and you can release the locking tab that is in there and the pin will slide right out.

With that being said, your problem is going to come with obtaining a new plastic clip. Ford does not sell the clip individually. The only way to get a new one is to buy a "fuel injector wiring harness". Plan on spending a considerable amount of money (more than likely around $150, if not more). So, the next option will be to go to a junk yard and see if you can get the plug that way. What you will probably find out is they will sell you just the plug, but they are going to charge you for the whole harness as you have essentially made the rest of the harness worthless to them (therefore they will not be able to sell it). So, they are going to try to get their money out of you. You can try checking out a NAPA store and seeing what they can do for you. When it comes to electrical parts, my experience has been if anyone is going to carry it, it will be NAPA.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2