Electrical connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

handyone

Reaction score
Been having a problem with my front passenger door window for some time. It would roll down & not go up or at a different time go up & not down or not work at all. Checked everything I could & finally replaced the master switch on the drivers door. It worked for several months & then stopped working at all. Started checking it again couple weekends ago. I removed the switch panel on the passenger door & bumped the connector on the window switch & window worked as long as I wiggled the connector! Pulled it off the switch & pins had no corrosion on them the female portion must have gotten weak & not making good contact. I slightly twisted each pin (maybe 5 degrees) applied a little dielectric grease re-installed and window is working great now. Check your connectors before you spend a lot of $$$ or pull your hair out.

Reaction score
Twisting the pins like that also work with relays that go intermittent. Ya just gotta be careful not to twist too much!