Electronic fan set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GEORGETOWN

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get a good and not so expensive electronic fan that I can install on my 2003 5.4 ?

OP
OP
GEORGETOWN

GEORGETOWN

Reaction score
Well I have seen one for $540 online so I am looking for something better then that price

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when you find out let me know too...lol...looking at your signature...i put 15% on top of my factory...and on fronts...plus a visor strip...i'm about to put 5% on top of the 15%...on top of the factory...fronts will only be 5%...and 35% on windshield with a 5% visor on top of that...

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you want straight plug and play kit? You could get a Mark VIII fan and a separate fan controller for under the amount you posted. You'd probably want a soft start controller since the Mark VIII fan draws quite a bit of juice.

OP
OP
GEORGETOWN

GEORGETOWN

Reaction score
when you find out let me know too...lol...looking at your signature...i put 15% on top of my factory...and on fronts...plus a visor strip...i'm about to put 5% on top of the 15%...on top of the factory...fronts will only be 5%...and 35% on windshield with a 5% visor on top of that...

I am still looking. Havent had the time lately to go full scale searching but I have taken a look or two atthe lincoln lextric fan as mentioned by "ELVATO" I found an aftermarket one for $85.00. Just have to look further into it.

I have been considering tinting my windshield but I might get caught quicker then the average person becasue I hang a handicap sign on my mirror and when I park they might notice quicker. Not really handicap just have a bad back that messes up every now and then but love the parking! lol
Have also thought about redoing my cargo area to 5%

OP
OP
GEORGETOWN

GEORGETOWN

Reaction score
Do you want straight plug and play kit? You could get a Mark VIII fan and a separate fan controller for under the amount you posted. You'd probably want a soft start controller since the Mark VIII fan draws quite a bit of juice.

Would like plug and play but will consider the lincoln fan

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want plug and play, it'll probably be expensive. The Lincoln one should have a shroud that covers a large part of the radiator. Mounting would be up to you. I used plastic push through zip ties, though you could probably use some L brackets to attach it to the side.

Mount the temp sensor and route wiring. Just make sure to choose a good fan controller that can take the load. Even with a full kit you might have problems. I think it was the older Troyer kits where the relays would burn up, or something like that.