Engine Missing????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelmagorian

Reaction score
Alright so here's the deal, I have a 5.4 Eddie Bauer I have only had for a few months. When I went to look at it, it was missing and the guy threw in a couple of coil packs and two plugs, and then everything was fine. The check engine light came on a month later, but I didn't really care because it was running fine. Then it started to miss badly. We hooked it up to a scanner and it gave lean codes in bank two. EGR is fine, compression checked fine, plugs are good, and starting to wander what else I'm missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BAD RONALD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and do search for threads on the specific diagnostic trouble codes displayed. You will be able to access as much information as you wish to read.

Try the search function on this site first, then go to the web.

Not trying to be a smart ass here. There is a ton of material to review on this common problem while waiting for a response from this board.

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year is the expy and what was the code that showed

Post that information and I look it up in the service manual

Also some good advice from BAD RONALD ton of good information available

BAD RONALD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
... I have a 5.4 Eddie Bauer I have only had for a few months. When I went to look at it, it was missing...

I hate it when this happens:

" I remember I had that 5.4 when I drove home last night.. what the f*** did I do with it??? Anybody see a 5.4 lyin' around?"

OP
OP
M

michaelmagorian

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and do search for threads on the specific diagnostic trouble codes displayed. You will be able to access as much information as you wish to read.

Try the search function on this site first, then go to the web.

Not trying to be a smart ass here. There is a ton of material to review on this common problem while waiting for a response from this board.

Thanks I did the search and it sounds like I need to pressure check the fuel and make sure that either the pump hasn't crapped out or there is a problem with the fuel line somewhere. Now at least I have a good starting point.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Again I ask what was the code that came up

The information that you give will help others help you Most important is the year

If you had codes come up its always a good idea to put them in your post

Last edited: