Engine Splash Shield Under Cover/Radiator Air Deflector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mako825

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's a rubber mat attached from the lower radiator mount to the bumper that is the splash shield / road guard. On my 2003 Ford Expedition, the part number is 2L14 8B407 AD . I think it also goes by part # 2L1Z 8327 AA. I have attached a picture I found online of the mat.

Where it attaches to the bumper, there are small holes in the mat and it attached using the standard push-in type wide head plastic body & trim rivets. In the picture these are circled.

The holes through the rubber mat have given way and are jaggedly torn open.

Has anyone replaced this air deflector mat? Or, has anyone had any success repairing the mounting holes in this rubber mat material. It's probably the same material that you would find in the fender well.

Thanks for any advice

Mako

1.JPG 2.JPG

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Drill new holes at metal & cover flap (small 3/16" holes). Add hex head screws #12- #14 & fender washers to hold it

Thom

Reaction score
Looking for similar rubber guard for my 2014 Expedition Limited. Mine is ripped at both sides. The part under the radiator is still there. Anyone know the part number that would fit the 2014 Limited w/4WD?

Last edited: