Ever feel it's time to move on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You forgot the devil making that bolt you need at 1:00 in the morning roll somewhere under the truck. He'll let you find it the next morning after you had to take a cab to get to work!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BRIANGEE

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Speaking of bolts and demons and hell and stuff... I think vehicle engine bays are a direct portal into another dimension... you know, when you drop a nut or something in the engine bay and it completely disappears into another dimension? I think satan is sitting on hole hill of lost nuts (pun noticed). LOL

ThatOneMike

Reaction score
Speaking of bolts and demons and hell and stuff... I think vehicle engine bays are a direct portal into another dimension... you know, when you drop a nut or something in the engine bay and it completely disappears into another dimension? I think satan is sitting on hole hill of lost nuts (pun noticed). LOL
brah there's a doorway in every engine bay between the engine and the frame rails...everything that falls in becomes john malkovich

ThatOneMike

Reaction score
Pffft your demons aint none too crafty

Mechanical hell would surely involve not a single 10mm socket to be found, all ratchets slipping, and the closest thing to a 12mm being a stripped out 12-point 1/2"-er.

Oh and everything else only available in 1/4" and powdered zinc 3/8"
why are the 10mm ALWAYS missing :(

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My older brother used to take my 10 mm, and a few other sockets and wrenches out of my toolbox when we were teens. I'd find them in the back of his 64 Pontiac LeMans. In those days I didn't have backup tools, nor the money. No wonder I never liked him. He was like Dickey smothers, and I was Tommy, but Mom sure didn't like him best!

J_82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even though I prefer Fords my next option is Chevy. I like to have options. But really my thinking is I’m loyal to myself and my money. I’m not going out to buy a Ford just because I’m a die hard fan or it’s a family tradition or I’m trying to prove a point. I do though stay away from a couple of certain brands due to the parts and service availability. I can afford to go out and buy a Mercedes but I’ll go out looking for a Ford and if I find a great deal $$ on a Chevy I will probably buy the Chevy. I think brand loyalty is stupid because I know no brand is going to be loyal to me. I suggest you do wants right for you and your money screw what anyone thinks.

R W Carpenter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I had to give up my Expys for a GM product I would only do it if I could get my '03 GMC Sierra Extended Cab Step Side Short Bed back. It was an SLT model and had every available option minus the sunroof. That truck was truly bulletproof. The only reason I got rid of it is because I went back to college full time and wasn't working. Couldn't afford to keep gas in it. I have seen it around town a couple of times and the guy that bought it from the dealer I traded it in at has used and abused the hell out of it. Who buys a beautiful truck like that and turns it into a work truck? I don't have a whole lot of room to talk though. My work truck is an '06 Expy Limited but it has a ton of miles on it and I got a better deal on it than I could have a good pickup truck of that vintage. Pick ups around here are through the roof for some reason. But I digress. Since getting into the Expys I am in love with them. They are great trucks but I wouldn't pay what they want for a new one these days. I think the last time I looked an entry level model was going for forty something thousand. I can buy a small house with that kind of money. Good Grief. I'll keep my two '06's till they kick the bucket.

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One thing I learned in my 60 plus years of living is never try to relive the past, it never is the same! If that was true I'd be looking for my old Datsun 240z or my Honda cb750 bike. No unfortunately in life theirs no reverse gear, just a drive gear that goes way too fast. As I've said before your new car/truck is your new baby. It's funny how we forget the old one after driving the new vehicle a week or two. Love your wife and kids and hang on to them with dear life, the cars, let em go!

R W Carpenter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One thing I learned in my 60 plus years of living is never try to relive the past, it never is the same! If that was true I'd be looking for my old Datsun 240z or my Honda cb750 bike. No unfortunately in life theirs no reverse gear, just a drive gear that goes way too fast. As I've said before your new car/truck is your new baby. It's funny how we forget the old one after driving the new vehicle a week or two. Love your wife and kids and hang on to them with dear life, the cars, let em go!

I completely agree.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev