Expedition 03 xlt 5.4L 4x4 How many kms/miles do i change the Fluids ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbat

Reaction score
At how many miles/km should replace/change the fluids for front and rear differentials, transfer case, auto tranny fluid and coolant?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO... front/rear diff, coolant, do a complete drain and refill.... but tranny I would only have them drop the pan and change the filter and only the fluid that comes out then.... don't do a "flush" can cause many problems with the new fluid causing too much pressure... with only changing what was lost during filter change the fluid is diluted and not as much pressure will build up... but again that is only my .02

o yeah, welcome to the forum

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IMO... front/rear diff, coolant, do a complete drain and refill.... but tranny I would only have them drop the pan and change the filter and only the fluid that comes out then.... don't do a "flush" can cause many problems with the new fluid causing too much pressure... with only changing what was lost during filter change the fluid is diluted and not as much pressure will build up... but again that is only my .02

o yeah, welcome to the forum

X2 on the tranny fluid. All the advice I got was to have them drop the pan and change out only that fluid which equates to about 1/3, so that's what I did. I'm told this avoids "shocking" your truck, kinda' like giving a human a blood transfusion lol...