Expedition (Ford) Quality Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the navi, all models will have a pass thru sec row capt chair set up, however, the black label is noted as "late availability". Id rather have the console as its easier to push the button that noves the seat to get back there than to climb in front then btw the seat, however i also dont haul(wouldnt haul) many things as well...save for a cooler in the space.

The platinum expys do have massage function in the front seats, and the feature is noted as "multi contour" seats.

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the navi, all models will have a pass thru sec row capt chair set up, however, the black label is noted as "late availability". Id rather have the console as its easier to push the button that noves the seat to get back there than to climb in front then btw the seat, however i also dont haul(wouldnt haul) many things as well...save for a cooler in the space.

The platinum expys do have massage function in the front seats, and the feature is noted as "multi contour" seats.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With the Navi, do you have to get the console instead of the middle seat in the second row? Is there an option to just have captains seats with a passthrough space instead of that console? Also, is there an option to just get a second row bench?
You can get pass through if you want on all Navigator models, it may be a ‘late availability’ on the ‘Black Label’ but it’s an option. The console is only available on ‘Reserve’ and ‘Black Label’

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can get pass through if you want on all Navigator models, it may be a ‘late availability’ on the ‘Black Label’ but it’s an option. The console is only available on ‘Reserve’ and ‘Black Label’
sounds like we are talking about bourbon

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like the third row seats in the Platinum are vinyl. It's kind of surprising given the $85k price tag.

Has anyone looked into the 3rd row seat materials for the Navi?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im assuming theyre leather since the order guide doesnt say vinyl.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It looks like the third row seats in the Platinum are vinyl. It's kind of surprising given the $85k price tag.

Has anyone looked into the 3rd row seat materials for the Navi?
The order guide states “Lincoln Soft-Touch upholstery” so it doesn’t say vinyl but it also doesn’t say leather. The 2017 I looked at seemed to be leather to me but I spent more time in the 1st and second row. The order guide does say the 1st and 2nd row are either “luxury trimmed leather” for first row, “premium leather” 2nd row, “soft touch” 3rd row.

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The order guide states “Lincoln Soft-Touch upholstery” so it doesn’t say vinyl but it also doesn’t say leather. The 2017 I looked at seemed to be leather to me but I spent more time in the 1st and second row. The order guide does say the 1st and 2nd row are either “luxury trimmed leather” for first row, “premium leather” 2nd row, “soft touch” 3rd row.

It’s sounding more like vinyl in the 3rd row for the Navi too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not old enough to have owned all the cars a lot of the guys in here have owned but my family was mostly a GM family. Comments in GM truck quality: inferior to Ford. The interiors start falling apart and door panels always ripped off within a few short years, not to mention the handles that come right off the doors. The bodies do not last and I never liked their trannys, the Tahoe six speed is a very weak transmission. Fast forward today I drive a ford as does most of my family. Mine is an 07 and the interior is just as functional and new looking as the day it rolled off the line. There are other expys in my family with tons of miles on them with nothing but brakes and tires and oil changes done, absolutely nothing else. I will say Ford is famous for all their vehicles rocker panels rusting even newer ones but that's a small piece of the pie, and now they are going aluminum. Powertrain Comments: The Ford Modular V8 (Triton) engines are a very reliable engine that run the long haul, they had a few tough things but if you do your oil and maintenance they are great powertrains. 3.5 Ecoboost: been in the 150 since 2011 and same scenario if you take care of it it will take care of you. As far as the 2.7 Ecoboost being not available I don't think that's a bad thing, that motor has earned itself a bad name and is known for poor reliability in contrast to the 3.5.

Last edited: