Expedition starts then stalls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FoamStrat

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the forum. Wanted to post a comment on a find I had today on my newly purchased 97 Expedition. I did a search on many forums and have not seen an explanation of what I ended up finding. My truck would start then die after only a few seconds. I found many posts stating idle sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter. None of these were the issue. In talking to a Ford mechanic he steered me towards my anti-theft ignition. I have 2 sets of keys (with the anti-theft chip in them) and only one of them consistently starts the truck, the other is hit or miss. So if you have your truck starting and only staying running for a second or two, check to see if the "theft" light is blinking after it stalls. This find saved me hundreds of dollars, I was just about to purchase a new fuel pump and install it. Loving my new truck so far, look forward to the forum!

sngltrck1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards!

Great post - that will really help someone out in the future.